Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Places to ride around keswick/north lakes area?
  • hazza123
    Free Member

I’m off to the north lakes for the next couple of days and was just wondering of places to ride while I’m there.

Bearing in mind I’ll be on a DH bike, but can/am willing to ride/push up hills etc.

Can anyone suggest some good places to ride?

cheers

cp

Whinlatter is close and fun

james
    Free Member

Is there any possibility to take a bike that will also ride uphill?

hazza123
    Free Member

hmm,i suppose it’s ok, but i think some natural stuff is better.

hazza123
    Free Member

and james, no, as my only bike is the dh bike. 😛 i can ride it uphill too and still even pushed up some things when i had my ht so pushing isn’t a problem

magiclinemtb
    Free Member

Skiddaw is a great option, you’ll need to be there early though as the red sock brigade like to inconviently walk up the path…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The descent down from Latrigg is ace, and the water diverters they’ve built are jumptastic!.

chakaping
    Free Member

We are probably going here Friday afternoon…

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail_info.php?id=246

grum
    Free Member

chakaping I’ve never been there, do you have details of where to find the trails etc. In fact how would you feel about me tagging along (I’m a massive girlyman when it comes to big jumps/drops etc but I like to try)? Think I’m free on Friday.

The descent down from Latrigg is ace, and the water diverters they’ve built are jumptastic!.

I’d be careful of going at DH bike speeds down there though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Grum – I’ve not been before, no idea how to find it yet!

Yes you’re welcome to join us. Drop me a line, email in profile.

D0NK

Borrowdale bash, skiddaw, rosthwaite/langstrath/angletarn/styhead tarn/seathwaite short but hard work, fleetwith/highstile/blacksale/wasdale/styhead (possibly a bit much with a DH bike)

sefton
    Free Member

take a look at the Bogtrotters site (there’s loads of routes on the gallery section) 😉

i’d have a crack on Whinlatter – cant go wrong

hazza123
    Free Member

‘Grum’ and ‘Chakaping’ if you can follow these directions (be warned, I’m not the best) I’ll try direct to Setmurthy.

If you start in Cockermouth, (only place I know how to get there from)head along the main street towards Embleton, keep following this road past the school and eco centre on your left.

About 300 yards past the eco-centre there’s a turn off where the road curves round to Embleton, head up this left turn and keep following this road until you get to a layby on the left hand side of the road where there’s a green forestry road gate (think it’s the first layby as you get to the woods) Head up the fireroad not much further round the corner the tracks are on your left in them bit woods, after that just do a bit of exploring and follow the track/s up.
    (If you don’t make head, nor tale or that description, ask at the bike shop in Cockermouth marketplace) Here’s a link to the woods where they are:These woods here, first little track you see in the woods there is where you pull in or park.

The tracks there are good, not too techy or steep with some nice jumps, there’s a tabletop and two kind of roadgaps about halfway. The top section up above the top fireroad is also worth a look, some pretty good bits of track up there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Places to ride around keswick/north lakes area?’ is closed to new replies.