Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Places to ride and eat on Isle Of Arran
  • bamboo
    Free Member

I’m off to Arran for a couple of days next week, where does the STW hive mind recommend for easyish trails (the GF will be with me), and places to eat?

Cheers

gusamc
    Free Member

Easyish but some hills: See cycle route on arrow (forestry track)

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=202252&y=628735&z=120&sv=202252,628735&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=817&ax=202252&ay=628735&lm=0

Start from Lamlash green on front area/pier, we dropped down at Whiting Bay (head for Giants Grave/zigzag path, before going down make sure you see Glenashdale falls from viewing platform next to steep wooden stairs) could do white roads into Kings Cross along top main road and drop R to Cordon and along front to Lamlash (*you can make it to Kings Cross point BUT stiles,pushing, and hard to follow then up at fish farm **there were rumours of a beach path from there to Lamlash – )

if it’s sunny pub by Lamlash Pier does food and has great view of Holy Isle

*Also search forum as this was on yesterday I think

*Clauchlands – my gf made it there but didn’t want to go past fence as it got singly then

johnellison
    Free Member

Blackwaterfoot Hotel or the cafe at Pirnmill. It’s where the SBS go for their brews while practising entry and exit from submerged submarines.

Lochranza Hotel is good for food too, and you visit the distillery while you’re there. Machrie Moor stone circles worth a visit especially at sunrise/set.

iainc

have a look on the Arran Bike Club site, some good route maps there

bamboo
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, any further suggestions are also welcome 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Places to ride and eat on Isle Of Arran’ is closed to new replies.