Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Places to park for Sheffield Arena tomorrow (really no idea how busy it’ll be)
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Going to Sheffield Arena tomorrow for a School Concert thing – I know it’s sold out but I have no idea if that means they have filled the entire Arena or if it is a reduced capacity. However I don’t fancy parking in the main car park then getting stuck for ages getting out if it is rammed so is there anywhere nearby that is good for parking (when I go to gigs there I normally stay overnight at the Premier Inn so I can have a few beers and parking is sorted).

Any ideas?

scuttler

Meadowhall Interchange P+R then tram as all the commuters will be heading home after 5pm. I suspect a lot of the retail parks round there get defensive when there’s an event on but YMMV. I expect any patch of waste ground or business car park around there will have a high-viz guy relieving you of a fiver if that works.

TheFlyingOx

Don’t risk parking at the Centertainment would be my advice. They are absolutely ruthless when it comes to their parking rules and you *will* get ticketed.

Richie_B

MrsB is going to the same thing tonight. Get parking tickets in advance off the arena’s website and its half price (£5 rather than £10). From going to the same thing for our eldest the worst bit was getting out of the arena and to the point we had arranged to meet the school to pick the kids up. Getting in and out of the carpark was pretty straight forward.

the-muffin-man

Getting in and out of the carpark was pretty straight forward.

I’d second that. We always park in the official car park and have had no trouble.

We always like to arrive early though and not cut it fine.

If you want to eat food at any of the places at the retail park you’ll need to book. Don’t hope you can just walk up!

And is it Young Voices? The worst bit of this was the show itself! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I suspect a lot of the retail parks round there get defensive when there’s an event on

The thing is though, it isn’t even being marketed as an event (invitation tickets only for family of the kiddliewinks performing) so I have no idea if the local parks will be monitoring (I certainly wouldn’t park in one at a ‘normal’ event).

And is it Young Voices? The worst bit of this was the show itself!

Yes it is, and it will be amazing because my girls are performing 😉 (seriously, I will have a bit of a tear in my eyes seeing them perform on a stage like that for the first time 🙂

EDIT: And we need to get out promptly as our girls are going back on the school coach so we need to get back before them to collect them from their school!

the-muffin-man

😃

Best bit about it for us was we had two of the African children (and their minders) staying with us for a few days while they were in the area. My daughter got more from that than the event – but she’s not a performing sort of girl.

Do you know for certain your daughter will actually be on stage? Most of the children stay in the stadium seats behind the stage. Take binoculars! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Do you know for certain your daughter will actually be on stage?

I have no idea where they will be – but thank you for the tip 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Places to park for Sheffield Arena tomorrow (really no idea how busy it’ll be)’ is closed to new replies.