Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Pizza toppings
  • binners

@P7eaven – Apologies for being an arse! 😉

Anyway… as we’ve both been mad busy today and the footy’s on, Mrs Binners said we should get a takeaway tonight. No prizes for guessing what I suggested after this thread

Bizarrely the best pizzas round here are from the curry house. They do tandoori chicken pizzas which are awesome

So I was just wondering if everyone else does this? I ordered a 12” one to myself, knowing that despite being a proper big fat biffa, there’s no way on earth I could finish it

But I always do it as cold pizza is the breakfast of champions

An essential life lesson you learn as a student. Does everybody else do this?

tomaso
    Free Member

When I was in Como, Italy the other year I had a tallegio cheese and pear pizza. It was divine.

If it is pepperoni and sausage you like then you need to find a good Italian deli.

Guardian pizza link

revs1972
    Free Member

Not pizza, but the missus served hot homemade scotch eggs using the insides of Richmond Meatfree Sausages and panko breadcrumbs. Gamechanger that one. And bonus future substantial meal for veggies at the pub 😉

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

If you can’t finish a 12” pizza in one sit in you’re really not trying hard enough matey.

Even my skinny little 10 year old can manage that 🙄

p7eaven
    Free Member

*doublepost*

binners

I probably could finish it, but on general principle I leave myself a slice or two for breakfast

My daughters now do this too. Getting practice in for student life 😃

p7eaven
    Free Member

But I always do it as cold pizza is the breakfast of champions

Does everybody else do this?

Did. Yes. Had to put a stop to it for health and pocket, among other reasons.

Nearly every other week would pack away a (13.5”) large Dominos pepperoni passion, extra cheese and sauce, anchovies, jalapeños and extra-large garlic and herb dip. Always used to leave 2-3 slices for the 1am pre-breakfast redux reflux.

MTB riding-buddy used to go halves on a 2-for-1 midweek deal after a 15 mile ride so we’d eat large one each. Often with a bag of chips. Stupid boys. After a while we realised we were opting for shorter rides 🤣😂

Had a pizza not long ago that had something weird on it but it tasted quite nice. It looked like a grape/gooseberry hybrid.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I mean; Have you stopped for a minute to imagine what the bloke who invented pizza would make of this self-indulgent toss?

Have to agree with you there!

The pizza Margherita is one of the symbols of Italian cuisine throughout the world.

Invented in June 1889 by the Neapolitan pizza maker Raffaele Esposito in honor of Queen Margherita of Savoy, the color combination of its ingredients is not accidental: the red tomato, white mozzarella and green basil, represent the Italian flag.

From wikipedia:

Neapolitan pizza (Italian: pizza napoletana) also known as Naples-style pizza, is a style of pizza made with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. It must be made with either San Marzano tomatoes or Pomodorino del Piennolo del Vesuvio, which grow on the volcanic plains to the south of Mount Vesuvius, and Mozzarella di Bufala Campana, a protected designation of origin cheese made with the milk from water buffalo raised in the marshlands of Campania and Lazio in a semi-wild state, or “Fior di Latte di Agerola”, a cow milk mozzarella made exclusively in the Agerola comune. Neapolitan pizza is a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG) product in Europe, and the art of its making is included on UNESCO’s list of intangible cultural heritage. This style of pizza gave rise to the New York-style pizza that was first made by Italian immigrants to the United States in the early 20th century.

jimmy

Someone said it already – tartiflette pizza. Cheese, lardons, get some garlic on and slices of waxy boiled potato – oil them so they crisp slightly. Helps to be in the midst of apres ski after smashing the pow, but the upshot is : potato on pizza is AWESOME.

grum
    Free Member

Ooh yeah I had one in the Pyrenees once which was goats cheese with honey and nuts, really good.

Murray

Banana and curry powder. 10 million Swedes can’t be wrong.

p7eaven
    Free Member

potato on pizza is AWESOME.

Hence the popularity of the ‘London Pizza’. Because the only thing more awesome than potatoes is fried potatoes.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/you-know-third-uk-takeaways-10079602

10 million Swedes can’t be wrong

See also Surströmming

Use instead of anchovies but with bananas?

Drac

So I was just wondering if everyone else does this? I ordered a 12” one to myself, knowing that despite being a proper big fat biffa, there’s no way on earth I could finish it

My 18 year old has been eating 12” pizzas since she was 6. I think you need to give yourself a good talking to.

When did pizza fries become known as London Pizza?

Cougar

You specified ‘flatbread’. Which is unleavened/yeast-less.

I meant “a bread wot is flat,” probably needed an extra space there. Any further inference is your own.

Naans are flat, so are pizzas and many other food-bearing breads. What is pizza if not flat, a stellated icosahedron?

Rendering the rest of your ‘pizza = anything on flatbread’ argument as useful as calling Quorn sausages, gravy and mashed potato plopped on a nan bread an ‘honest pizza’ 😉

I don’t why you’re labouring so doggedly over “honest,” it was a just turn of phrase like “really” or “to be fair” or I suppose the French “alors”. I wasn’t implying that anything was dishonest.

Also, I’d eat that. It’s basically toad in the hole without the edges to stop your gravy running away.

I’m not really disagreeing, just arguing for the fun of it.

Hiya.

Cougar

When did pizza fries become known as London Pizza?

When did burnt tomato garlic bread topped with chips and semen become a thing?

Drac

Usually sometime after midnight on the Tuxedo Princess.

Cougar

I see the problem here. That’s not a pizza base, it’s a Linux installation DVD.

bigginge

Tuxedo Princess

Now that’s name I’ve not heard in a few years.

DrJ

Anchovies.
    lots of them.

There you go – without anchovies a pizza is just a bit of heated-up dough.

I also add harissa to the sauce 🙂

I’m shocked that you are still buying mozzarella from shops – what has happened to STW? Recipe for homemade – it’s in forrin but there are pictures:
    https://politikenmad.dk/madskole/art8047692/Sådan-laver-du-hjemmelavet-mozzarella-som-på-restaurant-Bæst

and a recipe …

https://www.puglisi.dk/en/post/recipe-potato-pizza/

nickc

Tomato sauce, and mozzarella.  Maybe some parmigiana if you’re feeling adventurous

thols2

bigginge

Well he can piss off with his science.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What a dobber.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Pizza toppings’ is closed to new replies.