Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pizza oven
  • yetidave
    Free Member

Im going camping* in oct and the place we are going doesn’t have an oven. The kids really want pizza whilst we are away, but take away pizza and a diabetic daughter dont mix well. So, does anyone in the central belt have one of those pizza ovens you put on the bbq i could borrow for a bottle of wine/beer?

* not really camping, its more glamping, in a big tent thing, with a hot tub etc.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve a home made stainless steel attachment for a 57cm weber you can have, in fact I’ve got the stainless cut for another one, so have 2 if anyone wants it! You’d just need a pizza stone (and a weber!)

In Prestwick.

Ooni koda 16 coming at the end of the month, so no longer have any need for it.

DrP

you could probably get away with a pizza stone, indirect coals, and keeping the lid propped open a bit (all on your own BBQ of course..)??

DrP

thebibbles

A pizza stone on any bbq with a lid that you can get hot enough will make you and the kids a decent pizza.

yetidave
    Free Member

Nobeer, interested in your ideas – PM me if that is still a thing. Otherwise, will look into a stone and a cover of some form…thanks!

yetidave
    Free Member

that Ooni koda 16 looks a nice bit of kit, but you really need to like pizza to spend that much!

Jakester
    Free Member

We have an Uuni/Ooni 3 which gets no use at all and we’re looking to get rid of. PM me if you want details.

DrP

I’ve an Uuni Koda (normal size)… chuffing brill bit of kit.. and yes…we LURVE pizza!!!

DrP

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

that Ooni koda 16 looks a nice bit of kit, but you really need to like pizza to spend that much!

Ordered in May, got a despatch notifcation about 5 minutes after I posted up there! Aye, I love a pizza, and enjoy the whole process tbh, I’ve buggered about with charcoal and wood for years, time to make it easier and do it properly.

grum
    Free Member

I bought a Koda standard size because it was the only one I could get hold of,
    and though I slightly lust after the 16 I’m really pleased I went with gas. This is speaking as someone who scorns gas ‘BBQs’ and loves cooking on open fires etc

I made sourdough ciabatta rolls in mine last night and they were bloody fantastic.

Our kids love pizza so the more I can get them eating decent ones the better.

yetidave
    Free Member

I made sourdough ciabatta rolls in mine last night and they were bloody fantastic

this is the sort of information which will empty my bank account…lol

Blackflag
    Free Member

Is a Pizza stone on a barrel BBQ better than a pizza stone in an oven at max temp?

tell me more…

sadexpunk

Is a Pizza stone on a barrel BBQ better than a pizza stone in an oven at max temp?

youd need your lid down, the heat needs to come from the top as well as the bottom…..

id say youd have success either way (if enclosed), we’ve made decent pizzas in the oven at max temp before, theyre just betterer if theyre cooked outside doncha know 🙂

grum
    Free Member

You should be able to get it way hotter on a BBQ. The Ooni goes up to about 500C, your home oven probs does about 275C at most. It’s a whole different world in terms of getting good rise, crispy bases, charred, bubbly crusts and crispy meats etc, in about 2 mins.

toby1

Also, a wood smoke flavour kicks the butt of an oven cooked pizza, honest 🙂

Happy ooni Karu owner here.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Also, a wood smoke flavour kicks the butt of an oven cooked pizza, honest 🙂

Na, tried both gas and wood Ooni, pizza cooked at nearly 500 degC cooks so quickly that wood smoke has no effect on flavour.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pizza oven’ is closed to new replies.