Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pippingford marathon 2022
  • muddylegs
    Free Member

Hi, if anyones doing a recce lap later would you care to share the ground conditions. I’m assuming dry? I can’t get over there today to take a look. Cheers in advance.

bigdaddy

Likewise! Looking forward to tomorrow – it should be pretty dry on the ground…

windyg
    Free Member

First time for me, would be great to get a heads up what to expect. Weather is looking great.

bigdaddy

I’ve raced there before – it’s beautiful first – pretty hilly, great singletrack descents! It’ll be dry, almost perfect conditions I reckon…

Bazz

I live about 2 miles from Pippingford, not riding it this year but i’ll be surprised if it’s dry in the wooded sections, it’s rained on and off here for the last few days and it drys very slowly in the woods, i’d expect mixed conditions across the route.

muddylegs
    Free Member

Cheers @Bazz

muddylegs
    Free Member

I’ve heard its pretty good conditions and running well.

Bazz

Good luck to everyone who’s riding today, i’ll be interested to hear how it was, i’m still having nightmares from last year😲

Kryton57

Have a great day everyone, I’m grounded / DNS by Covid so very jealous of you all out there, enjoy.

bigdaddy

Oof that was a tough day out!! Course was running beautifully, no mud or moisture and a lot of dust. I should stick to short course xc though! Typically for me (I did the 3 lap 54k) I started fast and was running in the top 4, but the pace was too hot and I ended up in a blown up nightmare! Eventually finished 8th, my last lap was 14 mins slower than my first 😬🤷🏻‍♂️. Great course though, think I enjoyed it! Well the first lap anyway 😂

muddylegs
    Free Member

As @bigdaddy said, dry as a bone. Good course and loved the descents. Usual old story for me though, I just don’t have the staying power for the long flats and climbs. 18th for me in the lung busterwhich I’m happy with. Well done bigdaddy with your position.

windyg
    Free Member

Great course, tougher than expected. I was in the 3 lap race but had to DNF after my back was in too much pain from a recent injury I could just cope with climbs but when it started hurting in the descents I didn’t think it was worth the risk and I was making too many mistakes by then.
    Some of those descents were great fun.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What a difference a dry course makes! I actually enjoyed that this year. Last yrs mud fest was no types of fun! 20th in the 2 lap & considering I’ve only been training for shorter XC I’m quite happy with that.

Have a great day everyone, I’m grounded / DNS by Covid so very jealous of you all out there, enjoy.

@Kryton57

Ah ok – did look for you. Wish you the best for a speedy recovery!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.