• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • jameso

Would it be suitable for the Arkose X (2018) front wheel?

The 12mm option will, yes. If it can be adapted to a 100x12mm spec, it’ll fit your Arkose fork which is 100x12mm. The thru-axle you have will work with a new hub of that standard.

karnali
    Free Member

What’s max tyre size on 2018 arkose 4,??

luv2ride
    Free Member

Finally ordered an Arkose X in the Evans Black Friday deal. Also got an extra 8% off with instant vouchers through my work rewards scheme. Blinding deal. Hopefully picking up from the Bristol store later this week. Can’t wait to try 650b on the local lanes and tracks…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wildsi
    Free Member

Thanks for your help. I think I will splash out and get the Hope hub

martinkiely
    Free Member

Morning all, I think I’ve gone blind trawling this lot, so can anyone help with a hub question? I have a 2015 Arkose which has gloss black Joytech (?) cup and cone hubs, with as far as I can see, no identifying marks. The freehub has gone on the rear – any pointers on to replacement? Evans used to stock some, but no longer offer one. I can always just get a Deore hub to replace it, but would rather not rebuild the wheel if I can avoid it – though it might give me a excuse to try my hand a wheel building. The bike was bought second hand and had done very few miles before I got it, but think what little grease was in the rear hub and probably the freehub got washed out going through the floods in Cheshire recently!

jameso

Arkose 1 2015 Joytech D342RCC EV264869
    Arkose 2 2015 Joytech D342RCC EV264869

Hi Martin, this is the info for the 2 Arkoses that used Joytechs in 2015 but the freehubs are out of stock now.Joytech D142DSE uses the same freehub if that helps locate one anywhere else? tbh I’d pop a Shimano in there or a Shimano-hubbed wheelset.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Cheers jameso – ideally wanting just to put a freehub in to keep them going until I can afford a decent wheelset, so will see what I can come up with – thanks for the super quick answer!

jrmac
    Free Member

I have a 2017 Arkose 4 frame. Id like to fit it with 650b wheels and im wondering how large a 650b tire will fit the frame and how using 650b wheels will impact BB height. Thanks.

jrmac

luv2ride
    Free Member

Picked up the new Arkose X yesterday…just waiting on some wider tape to convert the Byways to tubeless, but the bike seemed comfier on my local tracks with 650b tyres, even at slightly higher pressures to avoid pinchflats…need to get some knobblier 650b tyres too, as the slick Byways were pretty skittish in mud (though highly entertaining!)
    " alt="null" />

waldner
    Free Member

Hi jameso do you have any info regarding Arkose and Neon models for 2020, or will the existing ones be kept on until next year? I appreciate the 2019 models were somewhat delayed until March/April.

Thanks

charliem
    Free Member

Hi @jameso – Had all the bits nicked off my Arkose 4 so looking at getting an Arkose X as a replacement. Did the geo change at all? I had a 46T chainring on my 4, will the X still clear that (in 1x). Thanks!

jameso

Arkose and Neon models for 2020, or will the existing ones be kept on until next year?

Hi Waldner, the 2019 bikes just become ‘2020’ bikes – no real changes aside from any rolling change on minor Shinao spec details as needed.

@charliem
    , sorry to hear that.. parts removed while locked up? The X is the same frame as the others, compared to 2018 or earlier it’s the same fit also. 46 will clear if it fitted your previous bike, yes.

charliem
    Free Member

Thanks James! Yeah cables/brake lines/chain cut and handlebars/shifters/ RD / calliper stripped off the frame. Gutted! Hopefully the insurance comes through, might snag an X in the sales while I wait thought.

luv2ride
    Free Member

charliem really sorry to hear about the bike bits getting stolen (that really stinks). Just putting a thumbs up out for the Arkose X. Only second ride out on mine but I love it, especially with Sram Rival and the 650b Byways. Have a 2015 singlespeed version so familiar with the bike, but this version does seem better. A great price at the moment,and don’t forget to go via TopCashBack for a further 6% off – doubt you can beat it for £987…

Clink

I’m sure this has been answered before, but at 5’10” am I med or lge on an Arkose? Lge seat tube looks good but mega ett?? Ta.

jameso

Designed for a shorter stem than a road or CX bike though.

waldner
    Free Member

I’m sure this has been answered before, but at 5’10” am I med or lge on an Arkose? Lge seat tube looks good but mega ett?? Ta.

I have Arkose in M and I am 5’10, perfect/no toe overlap for me. I think Large would be too big.

Clink

Ok, thanks.

Rustychain
    Free Member

I’m on the verge of buying a D3, would an XL be about right for 6’1? I’m long in the leg and arm, shorter torso.

I have tried to see if this has been asked before, but there’s so many pages! 🙂

(Edit: typo)

donald
    Free Member

Im 5’10.5″. I bought a medium and thought it was a little small so I swapped it for a large (at no cost) which I thought was a little big! I have kept the large and changed to a shorter stem. I’d suggest you get the medium and be prepared to put a longer stem on. Evans do test rides though so that’s the route to go down.

Love the bike BTW

Rustychain
    Free Member

Thanks for the response. You’re right, a test ride would be the best approach.

lcj

5’11” here and found the large too long, and the medium just right. Sizing seems to be a very personal thing at this sort of height!

Loving the ride, but agree the Byways are a bit lively in the mud. What tyres have others gone for?

dai3015
    Free Member

Hi
    Looking for a bit of advice
    I’m 5’8 and am looking for an upright gravel bike. I have previously had a medium giant toughroad and found the reach a little too much. I’m looking at the women’s arkose D1 in a size tall and seems to have a high stack height, just wondered if you thought that would give me the upright ish position that I’m looking for?
    Thanks

jameso

@dai3015 it could do, though the stack gain will only be about a spacer’s or two’s worth – it’s not really a ‘womens-specific’ design, more of an adjusted fit where the seat angle, standover and reach/stack plus finish kit and colour varies a bit. It may be biased the right way for what you want.

dai3015
    Free Member

Many thanks @jameso.

Will have a look at the specs

jameso

PMK2060

Do you think the Arkose D3 will be discounted anytime soon?

Tempted to order now but knowing my luck it will be reduced in price soon after i place my order.

Posted 3 weeks agoREPLY | REPORT
    jameso

Subscriber
    ^ if not discounted for BF I doubt it.

@PMK2060
    – they are discounted now.. wasn’t expected and I was wrong. Did you order one at the higher price?

PMK2060

@Jameso – Fortunately i did not get around to ordering one when they were full price. I bought one at the discounted price from the Sheffield store last week.

jameso

^ good stuff. Just wanted to check. Hope the new bike works out well for you!

luv2ride
    Free Member

@jameso – I’ve a query about the fork on my Arkose X. About 5cm up from the axle on the inside of the right leg is a rectangular aperture, say 3cm x 1cm in size. Is this supposed to be blanked off to stop mud and grit from getting inside the fork? I’ve covered it off with electrical tape, but wanted to check i wasnt missing a part?

holdsteady

I’d guess that would be routing for dynamo lights and there should be a rubber bit in the aperture too?

luv2ride
    Free Member

After removing tge electrical tape the aperture is smaller than i suggested earlier, but no internal rubber bung that I could see. There’s also a tiny “pinhole” further down the fork leg (same on both inside flanks of the forks). The appreture just seems a little vulnerable to muck getting inside if not plugged in some way?

duncancallum

Long shot I bought a medium as I’m on the cusp of small and large. However with bigger drops I find the reach excessive.

Any one got a small frame they would like to swap or a cheap one for sale

charliem
    Free Member

Just picked up an Arkose X courtesy of the insurance payout – the paint job is really lovely in the flesh! Rides just as nicely as my old 4. Will probably swap back to 700c wheels for commuting but the 650b ones are v comfy.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Charliem..does your X have the same aperture in the fork leg as shown in the pics above? Glad you like the bike!

charliem
    Free Member

Yeah it does – presumably for dynamo routing? Not bunged off on mine either

jameso

Bungs – a lot of spares have been taken off stock recently for various reasons, we’ll check stock or ETAs.

Long shot I bought a medium as I’m on the cusp of small and large. However with bigger drops I find the reach excessive.

Any one got a small frame they would like to swap or a cheap one for sale

Bought new? If so check the Right Bike Guarantee on the Evans site. Or maybe a stem or bar swap, since the small will also have a lower front end, potentially increasing reach to the bar.

duncancallum

Yeah tried to swap originally n flipped the stem and it was ok just I’ve had it 2yrs now though

Wider bars have exasperated the reach. I’ve a few old injuries that limit my movement.

It’s on a zero 50mm stem currently might go for a rise on the stem

hochmatoch
    Free Member

Evening All,

I’d like to try 650b. I’ve got the 2018 Arkose 4: 12mm thru axle upfront and QR on the back. I’m struggling to find a wheelset that matches said combo. Is it possible to convert rear thru axle to QR? Anyone with any real world experience that can provide some guidance?

staffo
    Free Member

You can buy these Mason/Hunt wheels with whichever axle standard you prefer. I have the original version with a narrower internal rim width and I can’t fault them.
    MASON x HUNT 650B Adventure Sport Disc Wheelset

luv2ride
    Free Member

…or the Prime Kanza 650b wheels from CRC: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prime-kanza-650b-alloy-gravel-wheelset/rp-prod187140
    A touch cheaper, 1550g and with QR conversion kits sold separately. Internal width “only” 21mm on these compared with 25mm on the Hunts…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.