Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike fork issue
  • gkeeffe

my2014 pike was sent to SRAM for a service.  They said the stantions are scored beyond repair so a £350 bill.   They still hold air and are reasonably plush. I have done seal oil replacements regularly.  What do you reckon?  Can I polish out the scoring and service them myself?  Would someone else like TF just service them?   Any other ideas?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hard to say without pics but they will still work, you’d just need to service them more regularly as shite will get in past the seals easier.. i would get some new forks for the price of the repair bill tbh.

samuelr
    Free Member

Could you convert it to coil?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

What was the condition of the wiper seals and o rings? if they’re torn up or knicked then you need to address that with a bit of very fine abrasive cloth or something. I’ve got some damage to my sanctions from a fall on a rock garden. They don’t have any sharp edges but I can feel them with my thumb nail and they’ve been absolutely fine. No signs of oil leaking out and the I did a full service last year the O-Rings were in perfect condition.

If they’re performing OK then go with it. They can only report on the condition of the forks they receive so have to raise it with you along with options to address (i.e. replace), but if you’re happy that they’re not causing a problem then crack on.

Onzadog
    Free Member

As you didn’t seem to notice this before they went away, I assume they have found them scored below the seals. This is the area that slides past the bushes so removing more material to smooth it out wouldn’t make sense.

Is the £350 including the service or just for the csu? If it’s just for the csu, have the damper service and continue to run them until you see a cheap revelation fork. Then, drop your charger damper in those instead. Check compatibility first though, it might not fit.

gkeeffe

Once I get them back I’ll post a pic. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike fork issue’ is closed to new replies.