Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Pigskins, punts and penalties . . .
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes it’s all kicking off tonight, well tomorrow morning over here, yes the NFL is back . . .

who else has a daft love affair with this beautiful sport . . ?

Go Steelers!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Love it. Steelers fan also.

What’s the story with the referees? Oh and I expect I’ll be at the Wembley game in October.

Pigface
    Free Member

Haven’t got a NFL team really. Wondering what will happen in the car crash life of Chad Johnson Ochocinco next.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

talks are ongoing with the ref’s so we have these stand ins for week 1 at least . . .

where is Ocho Stinko,. . . i cant even think who he’s with now?

Oh . . .he’s a free agent, . . . i always raise a smile when i remember him wearing that fake HOF jacket, . . . lol

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD8JJdUs7yc[/video]

I’ll be at Wembley, shout me up nearer the time and we’ll raise a glass in the Green Man!

rOcKeTdOg

been a long off season, even watching Heinz Ward in the Dark Knight wasn’t enough

Go! Redskins btw

Cougar

When I was at school, we chose teams to follow. I picked Denver. Oops.

One of the very few spectator sports I have any interest in. I really should pick it back up at some point.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Lasy years hilight…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFcsWB6CgOw[/video]

Cougar

Brilliant. Wonder how long he’d been planning that?

tony_m
    Free Member

Have to confess I’ve got two teams, Falcons ‘cos they were the team I latched onto back in the Jerry Glanville days, and Steelers ‘cos Three Rivers was the first NFL stadium I saw a live game at.

Speaking of live games, I’ve only just found out that the Beeb are showing MNF as well as C4 showing the Sunday night games again – bonus!!!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Another fan here, but not of any particular team. I’m looking forward to Wembley.

No spoilers please as i’ll be watching it tomorrow night.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i went to three rivers but it was out of season, had to settle for the Pirates losing, . . . again!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cowboys upset the Giants at home . . urgh . .

set my alarm for 1 this morning, . . then thought oh sod it and went back to sleep, of course Monday morning i’ll be up and raring for the Steelers game!!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Oh **** sorry

been one of those days . . . i realised about 1 minute after I posted it . . .

permission to batter me or I’ll by you a pint at Wembley . . . (hangs head in shame)

rOcKeTdOg

BBC coverage only on the red button though, so not recordable?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it was on Sky wasn’t it?

CaptJon
    Free Member

i’ve got an online gamepass

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’ve got that too, . . am I right in thinking it’s only the two sunday Sky games that will be blacked out for 24 hours?

again sorry, . . . I really could kick myself . . .

CaptJon
    Free Member

last year the blackouts lasted a week. it’ll say int the Ts&Cs

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

There will no longer be a six day blackout for games shown on Sky Sports.
    There will be a 24 hour blackout for the two games which Sky show.
    NFL RedZone will also be available on Game Pass.

Some clarifying points:
    The 24 hour blackouts applies to games that air on Sky Sports on Sundays. There are no blackouts for Monday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, or Thursday Night Football.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Fantastic news – it was usually the best game which was blacked out.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Patriots to cover the (-5) spread against the Titans seems like a no brainer this week to me , . . .or am i missing something Titans have a first career start Jake Locker at QB!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Interested to see how Manning will do at the Broncos and also if Tebo will get a game in New York

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Interested to see how Manning will do at the Broncos and also if Tebo will get a game in New York

I don’t think anyone knows about Manning yet, not even himself, he’s going to take some big knocks this year, although the Broncos have a decent O’line, heard a rumor he’s struggling to make some throws to certain sides of the field?

… he looks a bit uncertain and statuesque in the game i saw, but he’s always looked a little like that.

Tebo, Sanchez whoever plays Jets look like a disaster in the making this year . . .

nicko74

Go! Redskins btw

Seconded. Although their 3-0 to 3-6 record last season doesn’t inspire much confidence.

I’ve also entered a pool at work (pick the winning teams each week). So far, I’ve called the Giants/ Cowboys game wrong.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Seconded. Although their 3-0 to 3-6 record last season doesn’t inspire much confidence.

RGIII . . . ? Gonna be interesting to see him in action

Could be a baptism of fire though against the high scoring, point to prove Saints

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Dolphins fan, its going to be a long season, then again I’ve had lots of practice

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Is red button content available on Iplayer? Or just the BBQ sport website?

t-obias
    Free Member

Another Dolphins fan here and I want the season to end already 🙁

NormalMan

Both my son and I are fans and will be at Wembley.

He is a Niners fan. I was always a Cowboys fan but after living near San Francisco and going to Candlestick I am kind of torn to enjoy the father / son thing and go red and gold!

Pigface
    Free Member

Who was QB for the Jets as they whooped the Bills

Word from Denver is that they are going all the way 🙂

Some interesting results.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sanchez for the most part, I’m going to watch this tonight, in anticipation of my Steelers playing them next week . . .

Denver played well, we didn’t have an answer to Manning at all, . . . but we were right in it . . .

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Pigskins, punts and penalties . . .’ is closed to new replies.