Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tall boy LT 29er Handle Bar conundrum
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

I’m currently in the process (a very nice one I may add) of building my first custom new bike ever! Not wanting to do things by halves went down the SC mountain muncher route 😀

I have tried to port a few bits off my old SC as they were ni on immaculate but I’m not entirely sure that my 2″ rise Monkeylite DH bar will be suitable? Not being a fan of the much en vogue flat bar I’m wondering what other 29er riders are using?… Bearing in mind I ride ‘aggressively’ 😉

bedmaker

I’m planning one of these for mine
    Salsa Whammy

sam69
    Free Member

IVE GOT A BRAND new pair of renthal fat bars if you want them 38inch rise still boxed £48 posted

the_lecht_rocks

Easton havoc carbon 750mm here on the Nicolai Helius AC 29er…..

bol

A good flat bar won’t feel any different to ride than a riser. It’s about getting the right back and upsweep so the bar feels the same but isn’t as high. I’d have a look at a Niner flat top if I wanted something wide. Easton Haven low risers are a good inbetweener.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Salsa Whammy… Good shout! Didn’t think of Salsa 🙂

Thanks Sam but I’m not looking for Renthals.

The Easton was a possible choice… How do you get on with the 750? I know there are times where my 710 feels tight on the trail but I’m still going up to 720 tho. Daring.

Thanks Bol… I’ll have a look at that and bear your advice in mind bud 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

Go for whatever rise lands the grips in the same place as your current equivalent bike – which will probably require less rise unless your current bike has v long forks or lots of spacers below the stem. The Haven / Havoc Carbon (Havoc is wider) are v nice.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Easton havoc carbon 750mm Salsa Spearfish 29er

mullers68
    Free Member

Easton Havoc alloy cut to 730mm on my Norco Shinobi

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Havoc/Haven carbon on my bikes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tall boy LT 29er Handle Bar conundrum’ is closed to new replies.