Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • picture of hemlock with rockshox reverb
  • pondy
    Free Member

anybody have one, did a google and found nothing. intrested in buying one but unsure on hose routeing, can it be cable tied to the top tube?
    is the hose long enough to do down and be cable tied along the rear brake hose?
    can it get tangled in the linkage?

Northwind

Not a Reverb but the principle is the same, this is with a KS i900.

IMAG0130 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Cabletying to the other cables worked reasonably well, but the cable ties can end up moving around and it left a bit uncontrolled bit in the middle so I was never very happy with that approach. Added a cabletie in the middle of the TT but that was pretty unattractive.

So, I got some of those wee stick-on cable guides instead. They’re not massively strong, though, so I also have a single cabletie around the TT/seat tube brace, which takes the strain off the cable and guides everything really neatly.

No problems with the linkage etc, the cable pokes backwards but stays out of the way.

pondy
    Free Member

thanks for the reply, didnt think of the stick on cable guides. going to give these a try

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19014

Northwind

Yah, that’s the ones I used. They do come off fairly easily, though, they’ll guide but they’re not up to holding a cable/hose in place if it really wants to be somewhere else. Still, very handy.

pondy
    Free Member

did a bit more searching and found this. was hoping i wouldnt have to use cable ties on the top tube but cant see another way of doing it, will put a little bit of helicoptor tape on and some thin ties so you dont see them as much

Cotic Hemlock + Reverb

Cotic Hemlock + Reverb

Cotic Hemlock + Reverb

Northwind

The stick-on guides should mean you don’t need cable ties around the top tube.

luket

I’ve tried a couple of different ways and prefer a dead straight run down the seat tube, with the cable able to move up and down that. It’s then cable tied to the rear brake hose. The straight run is nice because it doesn’t bend at the hose end, stick out sideways at all or run any risk of hitting the wheel.

For guides on the moving section I have bodged my way using just cable ties and so far They’re working well. Each is: one around the hose, loose, maybe 20mm diameter; that I zip tie tightly to the frame. If that makes sense! The guides that came with the reverb were very fragile.

DeeJay
    Free Member

The Hemlock pics you have linked to on flickr are of mine – I am now using these

clips

nice and strong and easily moved from one bike to another

edit
    this pic of my mates Rocket shows one positioned on the top tube under the seat tube brace (bit dirty) 🙂

here

JoeG
    Free Member

One of these seatclamp guides may help as well.

pondy
    Free Member

thanks for the replys. i really like the idea of the clamps from rose>

luket, co you post a pic you your post up and down. intrested in were the extra cable goes in the down position

luket

(EDIT! Can’t work out how to post them up)

Photos here:

http://www3.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=7491207006/a=49561438_49561438/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

With the saddle up the natural concern is it might foul the coil but it’s fine – there’s enough clearance and it’s held fairly well laterally by the routing before/after.

I quite liked JoeG’s post clamp idea but I found that I needed 2 or 3 guides to make sure the hose always keeps sliding straight and is held secure laterally. Also when I looked it was expensive from the US only.

luket

That didn’t work did it? Here’s another try…

All the way up:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87704569@N08/8022647316/

All the way down:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87704569@N08/8022647986/

Fingers crossed…

pondy
    Free Member

thanks luket

pondy
    Free Member

somthing that came to my head. you have the longer linkage so routing down the back like that works fine. when you have the shorter linkage like me (think its 120mm?) the small brace at to top of the brake stays will hit the frame slightly when you bottom out very hard

Northwind

Yeah, not enough clearance with my short rocker for that setup to work either (there’s about a bawhair’s thickness at full squish)

pondy
    Free Member

lucky i remembered before fitting it like that and cutting the hose in 2 😯 got some clamps coming from rose

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘picture of hemlock with rockshox reverb’ is closed to new replies.