Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Picos de europa
  • r0w4n10
    Free Member

Help! Me and two friends are off to the picos mountains for some mountain biking for 10 days in September. We are taking our own bikes and fly into Oviedo and will get the bus to start in Cangas de Onis. We then plan to cycle through the gouge, stopping at various towns then back to the coast before getting a train back to Oviedo to catch our flights home. we plan to do a mix of camping and staying in hotels. Other than these details we have nothing so if anyone has any info, advice, trails they recommend or literally anything they feel could be useful it would be much appreciated as we are stating to feel slightly under prepared…

mogrim

Wikiloc is your friend: http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/find.do?q=picos+de+europa

The only biking I’ve done round there was very XC around Cabezón de la Sal, a beautiful part of Spain but not the sort of thing I imagine you’re looking for! (Though I’m sure there are more fun routes around the area, it’s just the sportive I was doing was very XC).

Clink

I went walking/scrambling there about 14 years ago – fantastic part of the world. Birds of prey were fab – loads of eagles, black kites as well as the vultures. We camped or chose to bivi high up. No idea on biking I’m afraid – but I’m sure you’l have a great time!

ampthill

We followed some track on a road map and a had a wild time

we also took the cable car up and road down the access track
    Nothing technical but it was a great place

(this was 17 years ago so no I don’t have any details)

ElShalimo

Spent a week walking in the hills there last September and staying in cheap hotels
    If you want some hotel and restaurant info I can help out.
    Email address in profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Picos de europa’ is closed to new replies.