Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 7,419 total)
  • Photos you have taken in the last month of which you are proud?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

thought you might appreciate some professional feedback on how to move the photography forward.
    The third picture is lovely, but the first two are technically very poor both in technique and / or composition.

(goes and gets coat. closes door behind him)

fettling
    Free Member

Kind of a retort to stuartie_c's excellent chain picture (really like it). Not the same quality of image by a long shot but brought a tear to my eye.

el_creedo
    Free Member

Ti29er, I've seen your website, I feel much better now.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

will
    Free Member

Nohands – that Dog shot is brilliant 😆

theginjaninja
    Free Member

cuckoo
    Free Member

Wouldn't go as far as to say I am proud of these (especially after seeing some of the excellent pictures in this thread) but these are the ones i wasn't dissapointed with (rightly or wrongly). Some of these are just over 1 month ago i admit.

Constructive criticism and ways for improving shots welcomed bearing in mind i only have a compact digital camera.

doug_basqueMTB.com

sorry man, not constructive criticism but I think that 3rd photo is fantastic!

shoei
    Free Member

Ti29er
    Free Member

IMO, you have to be very careful with burnt out areas in images as it'll make your eyes very sore after a while.
    I've just masked the burnt out area where there was no detail and cloned a little of the surrounding clouds and hopefully made it easier on the eyes.

Ti29er
    Free Member

This I like! Strong composition, strong lighting, interesting subject, it works. A 4*.

Creg

Just a few from today. Took the camera out as I needed a break. I wasnt aiming for anything spectacular, and thats exactly what I got, nothing spectacular but it was nice to find some good stuff to photograph right on my doorstep.

Flickr

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Still learning, so be gentle… 😕

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Misty Grasmere from Loughrig Terrace:

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member

OCB
    Free Member

Taken with my auto-everything W60, so I was stunned by this … (which won't have any significance, unless you own one). 🙄

Both E6 slide film cross-processed using C41 (machine) print processing.
    Top one is a hand-held, guessed at multiple exposure.

doug_basqueMTB.com

SprocketJockey, I really like that last one.
    Here's one from Friday that I like:

I hardly ever take anything that's not MTB, I should but just rarely seem to.

robgarrioch

(photopage)

Taken yesterday in the Pentlands (White Hill, ironically enough); nowt special but I kinda like how it looks almost black-&-white.

manitou
    Free Member

ian siegal plays the slide

el_boufador

A few random ones

DrP

Taken a few years ago with a naff little Sony compact – perhaps not technically that great, but was chuffed to have caught it with the limited equipment!

I like this one too, but again, not technically that great (same small camera)

I love taking photos, and have taken the plunge and bought a Lumix GF1 with both 20mm and 14-45mm lenses (fan boi!).
    I've had a look at the website with 'tutorials' as suggested on the first page, but can anyone recommend a book for a beginner to SLR style cameras, but I'm not a 'dummy' by any means!

DrP

wheelz
    Free Member

Playing around with shutter speeds while on a ride in Tollymore Forest Park, Northern Ireland, yesterday:

Playing around with depth of field on a new lens in the garage, after returning from the ride yesterday.

Strangelove
    Free Member

The only photo I have taken in the past month

stuartie_c
    Free Member

manitou
    Free Member

stuartie c .. that is one fine photograph

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Thanks manitou.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Ti29er, have I overlooked the posts where users ask you to critique their pictures? What's the constant criticism all about? It rather sours this thread for me. Would you consider not doing it unless somebody specifically asks for it?

shoei
    Free Member

DrP

I've had a look at the website with 'tutorials' as suggested on the first page, but can anyone recommend a book for a beginner to SLR style cameras, but I'm not a 'dummy' by any means!

Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson

Damn good book.

zokes
    Free Member

Ti29er, have I overlooked the posts where users ask you to critique their pictures? What's the constant criticism all about? It rather sours this thread for me. Would you consider not doing it unless somebody specifically asks for it?

Ti29er is the only person on here qualified to take photos or critique them. (Or at least in his pompous little head HE thinks that).

Anyway, my offerings, all clicky…

Creg

Zokes that 4th pic from the top of your post is stunning.

zokes
    Free Member

Cheers Creg! A copy of it's currently on a friend's living room wall as a recent wedding present so glad someone else likes it too!

Creg

where was it taken?

zokes
    Free Member

From the south banks of Grassmere in the lakes, on a rare sunny day last November

skiboy
    Free Member

Aphrodites Temple or what remains of it,
    Cyprus feb 17th 2010

i like it because of the hints of blue in the rock and shadow

happysnapper
    Free Member

This is my fav from skiing early Feb:

el_creedo
    Free Member

Well done Threefish and Zokes – I found his comments offensive and no-one asked him for them.
    Plus – I've seen his pics, they're not particularly great, plenty amongst this thread are way better.

zokes
    Free Member

I could write a page on how his Tryfan pic is a load of carp on another thread. Typical 'it's a snowy mountain so it must be a good photo' stylee…

That skiing one up there by Happysnapper is very impressive though. If he doesn't have a career taking sports photos, it looks like he's found a new vocation!

el_boufador

love that pic happysnapper.

This is an old snap of mine re-cropped and Black and White. Quite creepy looking I thought…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 7,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.