Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Photos of rides wot we did this weekend
  • colournoise

First tentative trundle down a freshly marked out section of trail since we finished school early and I had chance for a slightly longer Friday ride. Still plenty of work to do to ‘finish’ it (and got caught in an almighty hail shower half way through) but feels good to have made a start. Build it and they will ride…

2022 04 01 Ride 021 01

2022 04 01 Ride 021 02 wide

2022 04 01 Ride 021 03a macro

davros

Tuesday up cut gate, before it went all cold.

View post on imgur.com

rOcKeTdOg

Thursday snow flurries
    PXL_20220331_130844769

And sunshine
    PXL_20220331_131610555.MP

Friday cyclists breakfast club in Warwick
    PXL_20220401_065634257.MP

Windmill
    PXL_20220401_083544235

Disappointment
    PXL_20220401_102131714

And my version of FTP

jimmy748

Out on the Hardtail last night, 8am Covid test then straight to Puddletown today, before a week in Florida for work.

kayak23

@Rocketdog interested to know some of your routes. I feel like I recognise some in the video.
    Have you got Strava I can stalk? 😉
    There isn’t really any decent bridleways up to the windmill there without taking your life in your hands on the Fosse Way, not that I’ve found anyway.

vmgscot

Day trip down to England…

gazzab1955

Circuit of Portland yesterday, bright sunshine and fluffy clouds, but a bitterly cold north wind in exposed places. Coming back from the island across the Causeway straight into the wind was a dog! Dentist appointment in the afternoon meant no beer at the end of the ride, but very good coffee and brownie at The Sandsfoot Castle Cafe.

singlespeedstu

Golfie blast this morning.
    2022-04-02_02-49-47

rOcKeTdOg

@kayak23

interested to know some of your routes. I feel like I recognise some in the video.
    Have you got Strava I can stalk?

uk gravel collective on strava. yea, fosse way was busy but only for a short bit and I made sure I missed the rush hour. If you’re near warwick I did the first ukgravelco breakfast meet at Jack’s Shack on Jury st last friday, will probably do one a month. My idea being to meet locals and to pool and share routes/organise rides

rOcKeTdOg

IMG-20220402-WA0006~2-01

PXL_20220402_095951851.MP

Any ideas?
    IMG-20220402-WA0005

PXL_20220401_110307786

kayak23

uk gravel collective on strava. yea, fosse way was busy but only for a short bit and I made sure I missed the rush hour

Cheers! I always feel like there can’t be a route near me that I haven’t ridden over the years, but then I always seem to go somewhere new when I follow other folks! 😊

Still got Corona after a week so a gentle paddle today on the local with the mutt.

eskay

A week of riding in the sun for me!

scotroutes

Burma Road

The descent over the NW side had a lot more snow on it but was still rideable. TBH the track has been almost completely sanitised by covering it in red sand and isn’t anywhere near as much fun as it used to be. I guess it’ll eventually wash out again though, especially as they don’t appear to have bothered with any drainage measures.

jimmy748

davros

Another ladybower ride. Saw lots of BHF riders and marshalls. Good day for it, bit cold though.

View post on imgur.com

welshfarmer

No photos, but a video of a trail we are building on the farm 😉 I am slap bang in the middle of lambing so no time to do a ride as such but did get to put in a single run joining up all the features for the first time in one go. Who needs 5.10s when you have Dunlop wellies and a pair of sheep sh*t stained dungarees 🙂

If anyone cares, my rim did survive, albeit with a dent and some loose spokes

kayak23

No photos, but a video of a trail we are building on the farm

That looks great once it’s bedded in 😀

BenjiM

New bike day for my daughter, she was using her mums 15 year old GT Avalanche, but the handling etc. was all over the shop so raided the parts bin to put something else together, just don’t tell the wife that there wasn’t a lot in the parts bin to build it! A quick spin up Longridge Fell for a bit of coaching and dry trails!

Bike

More Bike

Actual bike

rOcKeTdOg

That looks like a sweet ride! 👌

singlespeedstu

Local woods today.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ncfBfQ]Rocks.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ncfZfo]Wall.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nciJZq]2022-04-03_04-40-10[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

iainc

Chilly, but dusty, gravel – local windfarm loop

rOcKeTdOg

Spent the morning filming my arse for YouTube

PXL_20220403_091858690

tuboflard

Quick local loop to test out the new Novyparts Splug on the Big Wig. Impressed. Trail conditions were really rather nice, looking forward to hopefully a summer of dusty trails.

StirlingCrispin

Bengengie.

What a loop !

Gives a stunning view down Alva Glen:

View post on imgur.com

And a hoot of a descent:

View post on imgur.com

Only 18 miles but I needed a massive nap when I got home 🙂

lowey

martinhutch

Is that second pic down near Ravenglass? It looks really familiar.

lowey

It is. The BW down from Muncaster Tarn.

dovebiker

Ardnamurchan

A wee jaunt over to the mainland, along to Loch Sunart to Acharacle and back

MrGrim

StirlingCrispin – Do you have a route for that ride? Looks cracking and should be doable from my door

colournoise

Bit more building, bit more riding for a Sunday morning. Really quiet in the woods today. Not many walkers and nearly no other bikes. Was quite nice…

2022 04 03 Ride 022 03

2022 04 03 Ride 022 05

2022 04 03 Ride 022 06 wide

2022 04 03 Ride 022 08b

StirlingCrispin

@MrGrim – have messaged you 🙂

ready

Another dry & bright weekend – I could get used to these!

A pootle around the forest with a post Covid MrsReady on Saturday.

With a fun session at Twisted Oaks on Sunday.

vmgscot

Sunday loop from the house – see how the Open Cast restoration is panning out – I’m guessing OK from the numbers of Curlews and Skylarks that were constantly making themselves known to us.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Pretty wet day in Madeira yesterday. Uplift day out west around Prazeres with a bunch of locals (mostly bike guides on their day off). Managed to get through it without killing myself, although felt like a drowned and cold rat at the end.

ferrals
    Free Member

First ride in a long time, distinctly cheeky trails were fun but I need to
    maintain by bike more as squealing brakes were an embarrassment and the suspension was not really working

97-FDDB3-F-7012-46-A6-BB67-60-E98-CE4-FBBC

bigdaddy

Outstanding weekend in North Wales with my club: first Snowdon, then Coed Y Brenin, then Cadair Idris. Just magnificent!
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22
    RCC North wales April 22

Love the place – and the weather’s always that good in wales right?? 😂

tomhoward

Cornered a bit.

Concentrated a bit.

Dropped a bit.

NDH Hamsterley TT, brilliant day, beat my time from last time, beat the guy I wanted to beat this year, still slow but know where to improve. It involves a gym though so who knows if I will or not…

I know it’s weird seeing pictures of me actually riding bikes, normal service will resume shortly, apologies for the confusion.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.