Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Photograhy Fans you might like this
  • Drac

This is a small news report about a great friend mine who sadly passed away earlier this year. His legacy will live on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15969290

user-removed
    Free Member

Saw that on telly the other day. Great story with a very sad and unexpected end to it.

Drac

Chris Jackson made a really good job of it, the photos are fantastic the amount of support received to keep the event going was amazing.

P20

Cheers for posting that Drac. Chris was a genuinely nice bloke.

Drac

He was a true a Gent.

nonk
    Free Member

Cheers for that drac i was unaware of that whole story.
    i am from that neck of the woods and i have to say that is the most moving thing i have seen in a long time.

Drac

It’s brilliant catches the area and a great tribute.

Blackhound

Just got round to watching it after stevem posted it on twitter. Very sad about Chris but the underlying story was uplifting.

martinxyz
    Free Member

That was great. It reminds me of taking pics of some old red brick buildings in Edinburgh around 8 years ago and a group of 3 or 4 kids wanted to get in front of the camera. I found them a bit of a pain in the arse at first but then i got them to stand beside the wall in front of the building and asked them to do whatever they wanted for the camera with something like a 3 second count down. Kids being kids.. they put on big grins and acted “the goat” for the camera and they came out quite well. It reminded me of this story as you feel like you should go back and show them the pics. I`m sure their parents would love to see the pics now but, like this story… it would be a mission to even go there.

Do any of you photographers ever feel like asking strangers for an email address or to pass on to them a way that they can look at pics you have just taken? At the time,it would be a bit weird for most folk to be asked this but personally if someone took my pic and explained this, i would be quite happy to give them my details.

Ahh,this reminds me of another moment! I was bodyboarding at Melvich one cold winters day and i was the only one in the water. The only other person i can remember was a guy with a rucksack full of camera equipment in the dunes zooming out to sea. After an hour or so of getting hammered i walked back up the beach and got talking with him after he laughed “rather you than me!” Turns out he was taking pics of some migrating birds that were passing by the North of Scotland at the time and he managed to get a few pics of me in the water. I got his card/email address as he said he had a few pics of me getting pummeled under a big wave. He caught the moment before i turned my back on a freak set and curled into a ball hoping for the best. That was my last wave before i stumbled back to the car. I really want these pics now after watching this clip!

I might mail him tomorrow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Photograhy Fans you might like this’ is closed to new replies.