Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Photochromic sunglasses
  • joe67
    Free Member

Could any one recommend a pair of photochromic sunglasses.About £40/£60 small to medium size noggin thanks

thepurist

I got some Uvex from jej – go from clear to proper dark and didn’t cost a bomb.  Possibly these

https://www.jejamescycles.com/uvex-sportstyle-802-vario-cycling-glasses.html

pothead
    Free Member

Endura do some around that price, never used them so can’t say if they’re any good. I can 100% recommend Adidas Evil Eye Evo but they are a fair bit more expensive

lardman
    Free Member

I have the Endura ‘stingrays’ I think they are called. They’re pretty good TBH. Endura do 2 different strengths of photocromatic tints.

One goes a lot darker than the others, which go to almost clear.  Check their site, it lists the two types.

konanige

Got some B’twin glasses from decathlon for £25 so far have lasted way longer than my endura ones.

hugo
    Free Member

I understand how practical, useful and clever photochromic sunglasses are…

however…

they give a certain aroma of lurker to the wearer, maybe a piquant of paedo if you will, or something of the night perhaps.

Google Image search of Dario Gradi as explanation…

TheGingerOne

Also be aware that photochromic lenses do not go back to clear super quickly, so it can be an issue when darting into shaded areas when riding – in case you were not aware of the speed of transition

DezB
    Free Member

Been using BBB Winner glasses for a couple of years, excellent.

Also got a couple of pairs of these when Evans were sellling them half price:

https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-rayet-photochromic-hydrophobic-multi-lens-glasses-EV272348

Dunno if its normal, but the FWE ones had to see the sun a few times before they would go properly dark. (Weird that they include yellow lenses with them too, not sure why you’d use em when the main lenses go so light.)

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Rad8 are excellent. Pricier than your budget but the best I’ve tried.

nash

I’m after some too to replace some old Specialized adaptalites.

Did try a pair of Rad8s but found them flimsy and the lenses scratched very easily – I think they give free pairs for positive reviews.

Might give the Endura’s a go if somebody’s got a positive review – otherwise it gets expensive!

Russell96

I loved my Spesh Adaptalites, Endura’s big thumbs down broke an arm on a pair after six months rang em up and they don’t do spares!

Now I go on Amazon and spent £20 on a pair https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078BRZ6DL/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1 generic brand but when I kill them I wont be stressed about spares

joe67
    Free Member

Thanks some good options there

robcolliver
    Free Member

Endura do a few great pairs – I had to cut one set of arms down so they fitted my helmet better. Super strong and comfy.

BBB do a set that have a clever mini lens moulded into the lower section so you can glimpse down and read your gps and menus in restaurants etc (useful for us old gits) and you can chose lens strengths too.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Interested in this thread but ideally I would like a set with vented lenses, mine fog up easily , any recommendations

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Photochromic sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.