Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • hora
    Free Member

Quite frankly that’s nothing to be proud of. Perhaps if your industry was a little more unionised then you wouldn’t kill so many people!

Errr right. He works in an industry where they don’t sit in a 80’s office in Slough you know. 🙄

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’m with PeterPoddy on this one in many ways, I think all industries should be made to be as dangerous as possible for the workers in order to ensure that profits can be maximised.

I’d even go further, I’d get rid of sick pay and holidays as well, ban being able to sue your employer for negligence and, once again, allow provision of your home to be at the discretion of the employer – allowing him to make you and your loved ones homeless if you step out of line, fall ill or maybe just on a whim.

What about being paid in company currency so that you cannot buy freely but have to buy goods at the company owned store at inflated prices.

Aye, just get rid of all those benefits that employers were freely handing out to the working classess.

I reckon it was just a coincidence that unions were developing and exercising their power at the same time.

hora
    Free Member

Are you still in school? Have you heard about a balance and common sense?

Every strike ballot now comes with a ‘safety’ tag next to ‘pay and conditions’.

The safety bit to avoid their members getting a hardtime from tired and stressed tube users who are sick of people holding them as the hostage in a stand off?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Errr right. He works in an industry where they don’t sit in a 80’s office in Slough you know.

Again someone I can agree with. Mining/steelworks/shipbuilding etc.didn’t get significantly safer with unionisation, did they?

gonefishin
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Quite frankly that’s nothing to be proud of. Perhaps if your industry was a little more unionised then you wouldn’t kill so many people!
    Errr right. He works in an industry where they don’t sit in a 80’s office in Slough you know.

POSTED 14 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Offshore oil and gas actually.

Also very glad that I don’t work for Total at the moment!

bainbrge

Who said anything about “hard working” ? I don’t believe that anyone should work hard – just work.

If some people want to work disproportionately harder than other people, then that’s up to them – no one should be forced to.

Should those that choose to work harder be remunerated accordingly?

Jamie
    Free Member

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Are you totally ignorant of most things?

hora
    Free Member

No, I can see both sides of an argument. 8)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Yet you only ever choose to voice one?

grum
    Free Member

Sensibleness seems to be reigning in the Scottish Borders. Our local stations all have signs up saying “£30 max” and no queues. I can’t fit £30 in the motorbike if I try.

But yes, not much worse than morons causing the very situation they are trying to selfishly protect themselves from !! Such a Me First Bugger Everyone Else attitude, should be ashamed of themselves.

This has accelerated my plan to leave England. I’m truly ashamed to live in a country of such selfish morons, run by cynical, nasty, self-interested twunts.

In my job, nobody strikes. Striking over H&S? Give it a fekking break! I work in the inshore industry that kills more than any other. Last year I had a 20%-ish pay cut. Nowt I could do about it. That’s the way it goes for some of us.

You should join a union.

falkirk-mark

Wanting a bonus for doing your job is the same as being made to rush and cut corners when delivering 30 tons of fuel.

Absolute $h1t, I work in the oil industry and most of my bonus was calculated on safety related perfomance.

FuzzyWuzzy

OK after a few days of this I’m confused about where all the petrol is going. Surely most muppets (that didn’t need to fill up anyway) already have a tank full of petrol now, so who’s still sitting in the queues?

I’m down to 1/4 tank so I’d normally just fill-up on my lunch break today ready for the weekend. I figured just in case there were queues still I’d fill up on my way to work, get to Tesco at 6:45am and not only is the forecourt rammed but the queue is going out of the supermarket complex and jamming up the roundabout leading into it, wtf?

falkirk-mark

OK after a few days of this I’m confused about where all the petrol is going. Surely most muppets (that didn’t need to fill up anyway) already have a tank full of petrol now, so who’s still sitting in the queues?

The muppets that filled up a few days ago now have 75% in the tank and are now refilling (probably)

Junkyard
    Free Member

No real issues her i guess we realise the worst that could happen is I could not get to work and I would have to go riding instead
    I am driving on vapours and praying they strike soon

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mark, the tanker drivers now have to do more drops, in less time. All because some muppet in an office says it’s possible, and they can make more profit. I didn’t mention bonuses…

vinnyeh

In my job, nobody strikes. Striking over H&S? Give it a fekking break! I work in the inshore industry that kills more than any other. Last year I had a 20%-ish pay cut. Nowt I could do about it. That’s the way it goes for some of us.

😆

You’re a dream employee- at least you know you’ll never get sacked, they’ll just keep cutting your pay and conditions.

GrahamS

Well I filled up this morning. No queue. No survivalists filling old milk cartons with diesel. Nothing out of the ordinary, except all the newspaper headlines shouting about FUEL PANIC!

(and yes I needed it: driving 460 miles to Warwick and back at the weekend).

hels
    Free Member

Yes that’s a good point, shirley. Once all the Muppets have filled their tanks, are they really going to sit in a queue for three hours just to squeeze in £10 more ? Its a logistical mapping challenge for somebody, lets get the folk fired (ha ha as if) from the Edinburgh Tram Project right on it.

hora
    Free Member

I filled up last night (no queue) and drove for 25miles at circa 50mph to ‘save fuel for the weekend’.

I then became very bored and defaulted back to 80 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Filled up yesterday, previous person at the pump had filled up 4.57gbp. This was a motorway service station too, not in a town where someone might have wondered up with a fuel can. Most others were putting in 20-30 quid.

grum
    Free Member

GrahamS aren’t you in Scotland too?

I’m meant to be going down south for my grandpas 90th birthday on Monday and now I don’t know if I’m going to be able to go thanks to the selfish morons in the government and on the streets.

Coyote
    Free Member

Fuel light came on this am so went to the local station on the way to work. Queues. No worries, I’ll swing by the East Lancs roundabout services. Big sign no fuel. OK. I’ll go right out of my way to the next nearest. Very vibrant forecourt but managed to fill up. Spoke to the guy there and asked how much fuel they had left. “Oh about half and hour at this rate.”

Well done Camercock you shiny-faced chicken shit poltroon. Idiots in panic for no reason and a massive boost to the treasury’s coffers so the end of year results don’t look quite so bad. ****

Oh and has anyone else noticed the mysterious fuel price hike overnight?

hora
    Free Member

Sounds petty but I’ve done this before (M62 service station). In the grand scheme of things its a waste of time v pence however principle dictates that when I’m driving to Hudds from Manchester and need just a quick squirt to get me there – a couple of times I’ve filled at the ridiculous 1.50 @ lt petrol at Birchwood for circa a fiver. Then filled up properly in Hudds for 1.32

retro83
    Free Member

grum – Member

I’m meant to be going down south for my grandpas 90th birthday on Monday and now I don’t know if I’m going to be able to go thanks to the selfish morons in the government and on the streets.

Sounds like you should get some jerry cans and stock up

druidh
    Free Member

But isn’t hels correct? Let the panic buyers fill their tanks and then just pop round to the local filling station in a couple of days once the new deliveries are in.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hels may be correct but when the fuel light is on I tend to associate that with a requirement for fuel in the not too distant future.

GrahamS

Not these days. Living in Northumberland now. My local petrol station is Heddon-On-The-Wall
    (140.9p/l for unleaded. Ouch!)

aracer
    Free Member

It amazes me just how many stupid people there are in this country

I’m amazed that anybody is amazed by that.

Once all the Muppets have filled their tanks, are they really going to sit in a queue for three hours just to squeeze in £10 more ?

Some of them will. I mean clearly there are some complete idiots out there, otherwise there wouldn’t be the issue there is. I’m just hoping that by this time next week, when I might need some fuel, most of them will have got bored.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I predict the end of the V8 Interceptors…

Kuco

Just been on the news some poor woman set herself on fire while transferring petrol between containers in her kitchen 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Been using my bike this week, was away last week so car sat on the drive. I drive in this morning and notice there’s less than a quarter of a tank left… what shall I do? WHAT SHALL I DO? ARGH! HELP ME!

hels
    Free Member

It’s easy DezB: if you NEED petrol, that is you have less than 1/4 tank and use your car regulary, then you can fill your tank without breaking the unspoken contract within the parameters of which we all rub along together on this planet.

If you don’t NEED petrol, that is, your car sits on the drive most of the time unless you need to pop to the out of town shopping mall and is at 3/4 but you decide to fill it JUST IN CASE, as you actually have the time to spare in your day to queue for 3 hours for petrol, then you are a Muppet.

DezB
    Free Member

My problem is: I don’t do queueing. My head will explode.

richmtb

Lets start a muppet watch. See if we can identify the areas of massed muppetry.

In Glasgow, no significant queueing at petrol stations that I’ve noticed and my office sits across the road from a Shell.

jfletch
    Free Member

PeterPoddy may not express it in a very sensible way but he has got a point.

Unionisation is obviously a good thing for workers rights. They keep a check on the excesses of unrestricted capitalism (which is a good thing) and the threat of strike is obviously their ultimate bargaining chip.

But I think where this becomes dangerous, if left to flourish unchecked, is when it relates to essential services. A strike here is not only holding the employer to ransom but the general public as well.

So when we get a bit pissed off at the tanker drivers (or the teachers, train drivers, fire brigade etc) its not because we favour BP and Shell getting richer but because we are angry that we have been sucked into the unions games and have become collateral damage.

This anger will be magnified when we see what the union is asking for is out of whack with what is happening to everyone else. It makes it look like they are using their strong bargaining power of a strike threat (only available to them due to their position of providing essential services) to get over the odds, more than the worker in another sector can get when they don’t have the general public by the balls.

Unite, Bob Crow and all their other despicable cronies would do well to recogise this.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Massed muppetry? Bradford West yesterday!

grum
    Free Member

This anger will be magnified when we see what the union is asking for is out of whack with what is happening to everyone else. It makes it look like they are using their strong bargaining power of a strike threat (only available to them due to their position of providing essential services) to get over the odds, more than the worker in another sector can get when they don’t have the general public by the balls

Big companies use their strong bargaining power to make profits that are ‘out of whack with what is happening to everyone else’ all the time, and no-one bats an eyelid.

hels
    Free Member

DezB: do you have any unemployed teenagers locally you would trust with your car ? Send them to queue, for an hourly rate. Get them to wash it too.

In fact if they had any sense local entrepreneurs would going up and down the queue offering to wash cars. Not to mention the local hookers and drug dealers. So I won’t.

ART

Loving this on the metro news website .. ahem.

Number of filling stations affected by panic buying….. 8,000+
    Rise in sales of jerry cans at Halfords…………………… 500%
    Rise in sales of petrol since fuel farce began………….. 81%
    Extra fuel duty collected on Wednesday alone………… £32m
    Number of fuel delivery strikes announced…………….. 0

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.