Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Peter Crouch on Radio X
  • bearnecessities

Anyone else slightly confused by finding that he’s, um, weirdly ‘ok’?

Plus he plays some great tracks, such as Motorcycle Emptiness which is on as I type this. (Awaits DezB to say it’s a terrible/meh/great track)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Reporter: “What would you be if you weren’t a footballer?”

Peter Crouch: “A virgin”

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

He’s actually really rather good* isn’t he

*relative to Chris Moyles anyone is good in my opinion

choppersquad
    Free Member

I must be a massive dullard because I just thought it was really strange he had the same name as a famous footballer.

duncancallum

Surprisingly good.

Some great tunes too

ticsmon

Exactly what a radio dj should be. Doesn’t do to much talking and is down to earth despite being a multi millionaire. Hope he replaces moyles (is it me or is he and his cronies shite) then I can listen to radio x on the way to work as well as on the way home.

MrSparkle

It’s a thumbs up from me too.

jimjam
    Free Member

People still listen to radio stations?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

relative to Chris Moyles anyone is good in my opinion

Whereas to me Moyles is the best thing on the radio. I was so glad he came back on the radio!

Crouch is surprisingly good though.

MrSparkle

Moyles is marmite. And I **** hate marmite too.

chestrockwell

Must admit I have been listening to radio x more and more. Moyles needs to get some new material though.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Moyles is a God compared to either Jonny Vaughn or that absolute womble Russel Brand.

Mackem

..bit like Steve Davis…

DezB
    Free Member

Just spat beer over the ipad! howd you even know i’d read this? 😆

CountZero

is it me or is he and his cronies shite

Yes. Always has been, always will be.

Of course, how else do I discover completely new music that isn’t being suggested on the basis that I like something else that’s just the same?
    I want to be surprised by things that have me grabbing my phone and firing up Shazam.

Mackem

..Radio stations…

I started my new job 4 months ago, in this office they have the radio on, it switches between Radio X and BBC Radio 6. Neither station seems to have changed the 10 songs they play in a loop in the time i’ve been there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I love Radio X, PC’s been pretty good, but I’m not sure what he brings really, you can set your watch by the playlist most nights.

nuke

Had loved XFM for years, then it became Radio X and the awful Moyles was brought in as well as loads of other changes..such a shame 😡

…Absolute radio for the morning shift then Radio 6 for me now

thegreatape
    Free Member

Radio 6 for me too. The nippers keep turning it to Radio 1 when I’m on rest days, heathens.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes. See this thread.

timidwheeler

Jack fm for me!!

I’m cool still? Yeah baby!

CountZero

it switches between Radio X and BBC Radio 6. Neither station seems to have changed the 10 songs they play in a loop in the time i’ve been there.

I’m forced to listen to Radio X and Radio 1by my team driver who’s an old raver in his 50’s who still thinks the stuff R1 plays is cool, and who thinks Moyles is funny. Radio X hardly seems to play any significant amounts of music, it’s twenty minutes of waffle interspersed with the odd tune, as far as I can make out, whereas 6Music, while there are songs that get played regularly, there’s always new stuff that catches my attention that I’ve never heard before.
    I’ve been listening to 6Music since 2005, and the range of stuff that it’s introduced me to is way beyond any other source.
    It’s cost me a very large amount of money in CD’s, downloads and gig tickets over the years, too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Peter Crouch on Radio X’ is closed to new replies.