Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pete Way R.I.P (dig out your denim jackets )
  • zippykona

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bugger. I was playing the live album a couple of weeks back. Sad to hear that.

Pigface
    Free Member

Really underrated band, influenced everyone in the NWOBHM

RIP

househusband

Schenker on guitar too. One of my favourite eras in rock.

alanl
    Free Member

I was sat in an interview in a hotel room with him in the late 80’s.
    His band at the time Waysted, were meant to be supporting Status Quo that night, but Pete turned up so late, that their set was cancelled, he didnt bother going to the show, he just went to the hotel.
    It was like being on set with Spinal Tap, with Pete Way being the dopey guitarist.
    He was clearly off his head on some drug or drink. Drink wise, he only had a few room service vodkas, he wasnt swigging from a bottle.
    He had some bimbo in tow, who disappeared when we did the interview in his room, he then received a phone call from his wife/permanent girlfriend, who was going mad down the phone. Their was 3 of us with him, 2 blokes and one woman, she asked to speak to all of us, he didnt say there was a woman in the room, we all then had to lie to the wife that there were no other women in the hotel, and he hadnt been seen with any other women. We were also told to make sure he doesnt drink to much.
    Yeah, like that was going to happen!
    I left feeling a little downbeat, he clearly had talent, but he just couldnt control himself, and I felt he was living an awful life, and turning up late when your were the support band is never going to turn out well.

duckman

In all honesty with his famous consumption of anything, 69 is almost a Lemmy like innings, fantastic band though,my first coloured vinyl was the doctor/doctor ep.

enmac
    Free Member

Saw UFO headlining at the Reading festival in 1980. They were good but to be honest they were upstaged by the number two act, Iron Maiden who were up and coming at the time. Still, Doctor Doctor is a classic.

CountZero

he clearly had talent, but he just couldnt control himself, and I felt he was living an awful life

That could apply to a great many people in music, sadly, and not just rock. 🙁

plumber
    Free Member

Never a massive favourite but really enjoyed seeing them everytime.

Managed to see them in London last year before Paul died and also the infamous last ever schenker gig in Manchester

Pete seemed lovely but broken.

We live in an era where so many bands just fail to exist

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pete Way R.I.P (dig out your denim jackets )’ is closed to new replies.