Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pet insurance, maybe with lifetime cover
  • benp1

I have a 9 year old black lab, thinking about getting some insurance, he was insured at the start but not now for a few years

I went to pet plan but they don’t do lifetime cover, just normal cover and thats £700. I’m thinking with his age now that lifetime cover might be a good idea.

Found a few others offering lifetime cover on compare the market but have no idea if they’re any good – L&G, animal friends, lifetime pet cover, purely pets etc. Apart from the first one I’ve not heard of any of these companies. Any recommendations from anyone?

monde
    Free Member

Try Vetsure – reputable and actually pay out if required

mattbee

Stay away from E&L whatever you do.

lovewookie

^^ seconded.

wife had the dog with E&L for years, only to discover that the annual premium is more than the payout for an individual issue.

benp1

Anti-recommendations are helpful, thanks

ThePilot
    Free Member

Try Lifetime Pet Cover. It was the only company that would give my 11 year old terrier lifetime cover. Been with them for two years now and they have paid out a few thousand so far. Monthly costs are reasonable.

fossy

Any reasons to avoid E&L Lifetime cover ?

We have one cat through pet plan (been insured for 10 years with them), one new rescue cat that can’t be insured (cat flu) and we are also getting a couple of ragdolls shortly. Insurance Emporium is coming out cheapest for two and I’ve used them before but never claimed. I did note it’s underwritten by E&L though?

mattbee

E&L are  legendary for weaselling our if paying, delaying any payment they do agree, etc etc…

Our Vet actively warns people about them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pet insurance, maybe with lifetime cover’ is closed to new replies.