Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peebles Accomodation – Any suggestions?
  • maffs
    Free Member

Hi People,
    I’m looking to put together a short MTB break over in Peebles, Scotland. There will be around 8 of us going and I’m wondering if any of you have recommendations on accommodation in the area?

3 star would be fine – nothing fancy needed.

Thanks for any help provided,

Chris

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

we stayed at a nice b&b in a pub there circa ten years ago, very nice rooms and a massive cooked breakfast every morning and obvs the pub in the evenings.

Just trying to recall the name…

dmck16
    Free Member

Cleikum Mill Lodge in Innerleithen? Hire the whole lower lodge, should be big enough for 8 folks.

Or here?
    (http://trailhouseglentress.co.uk/), seems nice, only opened recently.

Tracey

Always stayed at the Tontine.

riklegge

+1 for Tontine, it’s my go to place. Friendly, pretty decent food and nice enough rooms. Apparently they do have bike storage, although I’ve always kept my bike in the car (hidden) and not had any problems.

alanl
    Free Member

The Neidpath Inn was good for us 2 summers ago. No food in the evenings there,(though the website says there is now) but there is plenty just around the corner.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Has to be Mrs Muir’s

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186508-d253584-Reviews-Whitestone_House-Peebles_Scottish_Borders_Scotland.html

Nothing quite like being told about the mtber who died whilst sitting in the middle of the set of “The Ladykillers”

It’s the proper Scottish B&B experience

ssboggy

Mrs Muir’s is ace

samcamsdad

Three of us had a trip up to Peebles last week and we each had a room in the hydro for £29.50 bed and breakfast. It was a Tuesday night, so think that’s why we got the good deal.

LMT
    Free Member

I’ve always stayed at craiguart b&b 8 might be the max they could do. Right on the doorstep for glentress, walking distance to the town for a beer and food, breakfast is great and both owners and dog very friendly! Although having to chase said dog for my muddy shoe back wasn’t ideal.

stuc
    Free Member

If your OK with Innerleithen rather than Peebles then I would also say Cleikum Mill.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Tontine in Peebles is good, foods great too.

Mackem

The Neidpath, as above is canny – HUGE breakfasts.

These are good too…
    http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/

Cheap, not a long walk into Peebles. Can just cook your own stuff if you want.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Always stayed at the Tontine

Me too, friendly clean, good breakfast. Nice unless you’re in the 1960’s add on at the back but that’s not too bad either.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peebles Accomodation – Any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.