Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Peaty's Steel City Downhill – Saturday 5th March – who's going?
  • mjb

Good effort by all those racing, looked really hard work in the mud. A couple of pics, starting with the main man…

pjt201
    Free Member

ha ha, second pic down is my mate Jamie, editor of Wideopen

ahwiles
    Free Member

how much fun was that?!

the track was just about perfect; easy enough to bobble down, but full of greasy roots and rocks.

and a 15 minute easy walk back up.

and good food.

and good beer.

and good prizes.

and a great crowd.

dom_k
    Free Member

I enjoyed it! Second run was a disaster though. fell off 3 times! 1st was ok – only 1 off. Greasy track, especially when you exited the top woods section onto the heath – had a few slides going on there!

thepodge
    Free Member

we shouted a bit of encouragement at you adam, hope it helped. we also fed the station 9 marshals pork pie and cake.

the course didn’t really inspire me, admittedly I wasn’t riding and I know its supposed to be open to all but it wasn’t the sort of thing that made me think “oh, its only 2 mile from my house, I should pop up here when its quieter” which I thought it would

creaser
    Free Member

top day pity the weather turned but a good laugh

sambob
    Free Member

Are the results up anywhere?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Great day today and to top it off my best result in any race ever.

Proper chuffed.

The course was pretty good I think. That line is mint in the dry but the mud made a good challenge but also made it really hard work.

Just got back from an enjoyable evening at SHAFF with the Rankin/Peat evening. Another good do.

mjb
    dawson

enjoyed what we saw, but had to leave earlier than planned, as the kids were getting cold, wet and whiney

singletrackmatt

Had a great day – Thanks to all that made it happen ;]

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I hereby claim the last place crown. Rode the HT has a storming first section but crashed and flatted in the heather so DNF. Second run pumped tyres up a little harder to avoid another pinch and had no grip whatsoever, managed to go off track 3 times. May as well of ridden bare rims. Yay. Good day though. Shame about conditions and my poor tyre choice.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve seen quite such a wide range of bikes and tyres at a race before. Was really intriguing seeing some of the choices.

Baldysquirt

I had a pretty good day marshalling on the nice left hand corner 3/4s of the way down. It was pretty cold and damp being stood there for 7 hours, though! It sounds like it was a great success, though, which is what it’s all about.

matthew_h
    Free Member
    orena45

Nick Craig AND Steve Peat in the same race and same category?!…you won’t see that too often! What happened to Chris Akrigg’s run?!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Chris Akrigg crashed really hard and banged his head. Was pretty shaken so decided against a 2nd run

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

@ matthew h,
    great result mate,especially on your first race.
    Bring on the next round?

Tracey

Happy with my time. Katie had two offs in the first run and was hurting a bit for the second run.
    Bit put off by some of the dads shouting at their sons for not listening to them on how to ride the course
    Kevin to Katie ” Enjoy it, its for a good cause. Ride it like you stole it, and if you catch mum up tell her to get out of the way”

Bikes are now clean, just need to put every thing else away.

Thanks to every one who cheered and the mad guy with the pan and wooden spoon

steelcity
    Free Member

Thankyou for the kind words guys.

It was an awesome day I think, with some amazing support from the spectators and all the riders braving the slick conditions 🙂

Biggest thankyou goes to the marshalls for freezing their nuts off all day!

Post race details/results e.t.c. will be posted up on the official site and Thisisheffield and watch out for the freecaster coverage, coming soon!

Cheers,

STEEL CITY

simonm
    Free Member

What a great Day.. my first “Real ish” DH race in the year that I’m 40 !! Fantastic Atmosphere, someone said it was the biggest little race in the country and it certainly felt that way..

willyboy
    Free Member

Steel City DH

Here are a few more pics

flyingmonkeycorps

Bit put off by some of the dads shouting at their sons for not listening to them on how to ride the course
    Kevin to Katie ” Enjoy it, its for a good cause. Ride it like you stole it, and if you catch mum up tell her to get out of the way”

I wish more parents were like you!

simonm
    Free Member

I had a pretty good day marshalling on the nice left hand corner 3/4s of the way down. It was pretty cold and damp being stood there for 7 hours, though! It sounds like it was a great success, though, which is what it’s all about.

Hey Paul, good effort to the marshals who were up there on the coarse all day on there lonesome.. in the rain.. massive thanks to you all for watching out for us 😉

ourkidsam
    Free Member

There was a lad in the rippers class, came past us near the end of his second run actually crying, bless him. Maybe he’d fallen and was being ‘ard by finishing the course but I couldn’t help thinking he was feeling forced to finish by fear of a pushy Dad.

Baldysquirt

Some photos from the day:

(hope it works)

simonm
    Free Member

😀 Is that first one to illustrate “your lonesome” ?

sambob
    Free Member

Good to see Tom Craig was only 8 seconds slower than his dad! He’s annoyingly quick both up and down 🙁

Baldysquirt

That’s it Si, “woe is me” and all that!

steelcity
    Free Member

Race report now up HERE! All Photo/Video links coming soon..

🙂

Tracey

Report just confirms what a great day this was

AlexSimon

srphoto – from the thumbnails they look great, but the larger versions are hard to see because of the huge watermarks!

chappie916

Any chance MJB could contact me directly as I’d like to use the Peaty photo in a local mag I run in Chesterfield.

Paul
    paul@s40local.co.uk

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Peaty's Steel City Downhill – Saturday 5th March – who's going?’ is closed to new replies.