• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • Sandwich

Person not pootle, late of this parish.

Pook

does that make me AWESOMEZ?

Sandwich

Quite possibly if the Muppets turn up.

Pook

the amount of marketing they’re doing I wouldn’t be surprised.

sambob
    Free Member

That’s one of many we’ve had that have been either cold, wet or windy. Nice weather is a rare treat.

Bunnyhop

Due to womanflu – I’m unable to attend (wipes small tear from eye).

Last Summer’s ‘Hayfield pootle’ was so cold, I swear most of us caught mild hyperthermia.

BadlyWiredDog

There’s no such thing as bad weather. That Hayfield ride was ace and as I recall, you all found a very cosy sort of crater to hunker down in at the top of New Allotments, people looked happy in there, I thought. Besides, if The Muppets really are coming, they’ll want some typical Peak weather, not that weird quasi-tropical garbage that turns up every so often. 🙄

BadlyWiredDog

ps: you can’t catch hypothermia, it’s not a virus ffs…

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Looks as though you are coming over to my neck of the woods, I’m 2 miles from Langsett. Is anyone up for riding over from this side on Saturday morning, setting off from Langsett carpark at 9.00am? Also if the group fancy a half way pint and some butties, I could try and talk the landlord at my local into opening for us. He keeps 6 real ales and would probably knock us up some sarnies and soup for not much money. He’s a mountainbiker and mountain rescueist so it wouldn’t be much trouble persuading him, the only issue is it adds about 4 miles but would include a good route from Hartcliff down to Thurlstone and the pub.
    Pook, don’t want to hijack things, let me know if you are keen and an idea of numbers if it’s a goer, otherwise it’s the Langsett Cafe and/or Wagon and Horses.

Pook

just off biking….I’ll be back!

Pook

Went up that way last night, surprisingly dry. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

piston – I reckon a mid ride stop would scupper the return leg for pootlers, but thanks for the suggestion. Will you be going us?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Pook, OK no problem. I’ll be coming across from Langsett so can update the conditions. It’s raining hard here now and pretty windy but things can change quickly. Which side of Derwent Res will you be going out, I wouldn’t want to miss you if we are a bit later than 10.30. The East bank is off road and shorter.

dawson

///likes how this has got to 7 pages, and the ride hasn’t happened yet – a new record?///

h4muf
    Free Member

^^^Peak pootles always get good pages^^^

Pook

yes it’d be the east bank, I can’t be doing with that big spike out on the west.

Dawson….page count is cos I stupidly posted the route ;o)

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’d like to attend this pootle if that’s ok? Fairholmes carpark is the one with the food kiosk isn’t it? I’ll be bringing a couple with me as well.

BadlyWiredDog

That’s the one. Don’t park there though, it’s pay and display. Plenty of free lay-bys on the road leading up to it, should be plenty of space at this time of year.

And everyone’s welcome, even me 😐

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Cool. Cheers. See you all Saturday.

Sandwich

Looks like there’ll even be a representative from the Mystic East. Pass has not been rescinded yet, though I am being attentive with domestic chores etc.

Xar
    Free Member

May have to pull out as my bikes in the shop being repaired should have it back friday afternoon though fingers crossed.

dawson

@Pook – for the next one you could arrange a start point, date and time and call it Pook’s Mystery Pootle (TM) and then people could turn up on the day and just ride!

hora
    Free Member

My online LBS just delivered two Deore replacement chainrings instead of the LX that I ordered. Just to let you know this will slow me down on the trail.. 8)

Pook

to what, a standstill?

flyingmonkeycorps

1. How will I spot y’all? I fear the Fairholmes carpark may be fairly busy, and at 10.30 we could be fairly spread out down the laybys, going by last Sunday.
    2. Do we have a rough idea when we’ll be done? I need to get home to go for tea at the Mrs’s parents.
    3. Insert excuse for being rubbish here.

Pook

1. you won’t miss us
    2. mid to late afternoon.
    3. you’re on a pootle so in good company.

flyingmonkeycorps

1. Cool.
    2. Hmm… Possible bummer. Will have to check times with the Mrs, we’re supposed to be out for tea with her parents post ride.
    3. Excellent.

Pook

It’s an out and back, so if we’re running too slowly, there’s nothing stopping you just doubling back when your time is up…..

We’ll be loitering on the grass in the car park I should think.

flyingmonkeycorps

This is very true… I shall post a definitive answer when I’ve figured it out. The two hour drive to get there is a reet bugger when trying to fit stuff in.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’d like to join this with a mate if we may. I’ll be coming from Ashton under Lyne if anyone needs a lift from that direction?

Rich.

Pook

aye tis gonna be a mega-pootle

flyingmonkeycorps

Slightly less mega – I’m afraid we’re out 🙁 Going for a stupidly early ride instead.

sambob
    Free Member

I’m out, got a Gold D of E meeting I’ve only just realised I had 👿

Pook

Sam?! Sam? Sam! Shocking. 😯

sambob
    Free Member

I know, as a committed member of the pootle brigade, I’m disappointed in myself.

Sandwich

I am disappointed in the lack of commitment Sam. Currently in Plymouth with a drive home this afternoon. I shall be sick of the car by tomorrow evening. I’ll take the football needle out of the pump then!

nbt

I’m out, with Mrs NBT not riding due to illness I’ll do a quick local loop early doors then get some jobs done at home

Pook

dropping like flies!

the weather looks great too,shame you guys are missing it. get well soon Jane…

Who will be my second counter then now?

hora
    Free Member

I’m out, with Mrs NBT not riding due to illness I’ll do a quick local loop early doors then get some jobs done at home

Pook

hora….if you don’t turn up now…..

hora
    Free Member

Trying to find a different hire car company.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.