• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • hora
    Free Member

Mine would rhyme more

Santa Cruz oh Santa Cruz
    Why did you leave me
    Then comeback again?
    I try so many
    And spend a pretty penny
    Only to see you Again

BadlyWiredDog

You need to start taking responsibility for your actions. It left because you sold it. It came back because you bought another one. Moreover, it’s an inanimate object or it would probably be saying this itself. Possibly on twitter, since that’s where most inanimate objects masquerading as people tend to hang out.

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds good, I might leave a football inflation needle in mine for a bit more damage.

Pook

I once rode a specialized hardrock
    past a girl who was wearing a nice frock
    a breeze came along
    revealing her thong
    and my shorts got ripped by my saddle.

Bugger, it doesn’t rhyme.

BadlyWiredDog

You probably need to invest in some better shorts, yours sounds quite friable…

hora
    Free Member

Sounds good, I might leave a football inflation needle in mine for a bit more damage.

Thats what mrsHora says to me when I reveal my magnificent meat-knotted-rope to her

sambob
    Free Member

You’re a very strange man Hora. Although admittedly I walked into that one.

Sandwich

Ooh I like when you talk filth!

Pook

this is turning into a swinley sexy party. We’ll have none of that smut round these parts…..

Sandwich

But I’m from Daan Sarf, it’s what we do!

nbt

Quick note, Mrs NBT’s been out of action all week with flu, she’s out of bed today which is great but there’s no way she’ll be riding next saturday. I might bob along, I might not, depends how this week goes,

Pook

No worries Jules – but fingers crossed for both of you being there

sambob
    Free Member

Not sure I’ll be able to make it, no one coming through this way, dad’s running the next day so wont be riding and I need to get out on a club ride before they all forget about me.

Pook

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv584jRwh0s[/video]

sambob
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3j_fdSpkmE&feature=artist[/video]
    It’ll end up like this.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Quick note, Mrs NBT’s been out of action all week with flu, she’s out of bed today which is great but there’s no way she’ll be riding next saturday. I might bob along, I might not, depends how this week goes,

Hope BH is feeling better?
    Looking forward to (hopefully) catching up with you both next weekend…..

right, back to training and carbing up 😉
    2 x bacon butties, 2 x cappucino’s so far today…..
    Bike fettled.
    Meet mintimperial of this parish at 12.30, outside the local micro-brewery….
    3 hour or so raid over the hill to Saddleworth, my playground when I were a lad.
    Then back to the Yorkshire side o’ th’ill …quite likely popping in to said brewery… 🙂
    All followed by a roast beef dinner 🙂

edit 2 – just pulled up a Cut Gate vid on youtube – if nowt else that might bed in my newly service forks – they feel cack at the moment…..

flyingmonkeycorps

Well, we were out round Ladybower yesterday, and apart from a few frozen bits it wasn’t half bad. Much less mud than expected, which is nice!

Pook

thankyou fmc!

hora
    Free Member

If its chucking it down or ultra-windy I’m not getting out of bed :mrgreen:

binners

If its chucking it down or ultra-windyI’m not getting out of bed

FTFY

BadlyWiredDog

Not sure I’ll be able to make it, no one coming through this way, dad’s running the next day so wont be riding and I need to get out on a club ride before they all forget about me.

Train for the TdMB by riding over? Or if you can get to Hayfield, I might be persuaded to pick you up from there en route. That depends partly on what I do on Friday. Or more how my legs react to it…

hora
    Free Member

Badlywiredog was stuck in a bog
    Looking to ride
    and feeling super fly
    Instead he went to a shop, looking to buy
    A Cannondale
    and instead of the Pootle he rode the Yorkshire Dale

BadlyWiredDog

🙄

BadlyWiredDog

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeaZ3_UN18g[/video]

sambob
    Free Member

I could ride over, but I’d be knackered by the time I started the pootle, and would be at the back the whole time, which is no fun. Train makes reasonable sense though, as does going to Hayfield. With most people I’d assume they were driving from Hayfield when they suggest picking me up, but with you I have to make sure, are you driving? I can get a lift to Glossop actually, if that works?

Pook

train to hathersage, or even Sheffield!

Popocatapetl

Sam, I’m going and will give you a lift. We will have to call in at the Woodbine for breakfast though 😀 Will pick you up about 0845 ish!

2hottie
    Free Member

I’m in.

First and last Peaks Pootle for me. Thought i’d make the effort to make at least one.

Cheers for organising it Pook.

BadlyWiredDog

That saves me the trouble of replying then. Sorted.

I was, by the way, suggesting that I drive over via Hayfield and pick you up en route rather than forcing you to ride from there to Ladybower against your will, though the look on your face would have been priceless…

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers Ady, makes everything very simple 🙂 Sounds good, I’ll see you Saturday.
    EDIT: It certainly would be priceless, probably look something like this 😯 but with more despair.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m starting to get quite excited about this now. Weather looks pretty decent too.

Pook

Meh. It sounds rubbish and the leader’s a muppet.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m gutted as I can’t make this now due to a sprained knee that refuses to heal. 👿
    Have a good un, here’s hoping I’ll make the next one if I still have two legs.

flyingmonkeycorps

But muppets are AWESOME.

simon1975

Hope you have a good one! Sorry I won’t be joining you now since the cancelled Trailquest at Longshaw has been rearranged onto that weekend.

Sandwich

There’s muppets as well. This will be almost as awesome as the surfing one!

Pook

surfing one?

sambob
    Free Member

We’ve had pootles wet enough to go surfing…

hora
    Free Member

Yeah that one gave me Jocks Itch 😯

Pook

the ‘here comes the sun’ one?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.