• This topic has 225 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jag61.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 226 total)
  • Peaks Pootle – 2017
  • solarpowered
    Free Member

Sooooo excited!! Just hoping my leg is better- pulled muscle

mintimperial

Pootle:

Hayfield, 22nd January, 9am

Car park at the end of the Sett Valley trail.

😀

Woohoo! I have secured permission from the relevant authorities and am IN.

jekkyl

do you wear a badge with your forum handle in or do you just spend the whole ride asking ‘who are you then?’ and saying ‘hi I am…’ ?

vickypea
    Free Member

Hope to be able to join you. I’m recognisable by the 2 little rubber ducks on top of my helmet!

simmy
    Free Member

do you wear a badge with your forum handle in or do you just spend the whole ride asking ‘who are you then?’ and saying ‘hi I am…’ ?

When I’ve been it’s been a case of just pottering ( pootling ) along, introducing yourself by first name, asking their forum name but forgetting that and just carrying on calling them their first name so, when you come back on here, you can’t remember who you have met

monksie
    Free Member

Just up the Sett Valley Trail from my house. I’ve been off work for 4 months and filling my spare time with biking on my own. Training for a(nother) huge bike ride in the summer…… I might be tempted to come and annoy some people for a bit.

Pook

Hora has reliably informed me that he’s coming. Which means he probably won’t.

bazhall
    Free Member

I’m in and will bring homemade banana loaf

rOcKeTdOg

Hoping to be there

riklegge

Hoping to make it as a birthday treat!

Bunnyhop

Oi onzadog – the only snogging that nbt will be doing is with me. 😀

I’m lame and will have to walk down many descents, just happy to be riding a bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

do you wear a badge with your forum handle

I did on my first Pootle. I was the only one. I’m a bit sad.

I also had this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q3JV5a]stilltortoise[/url] by stilltortoise, on Flickr

PS subject to getting a replacement seat post in time, I’m up for this 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

If I can borrow a van from work for the weekend, I’ll be there. 🙂

nbt

What size do you need? Can more or less guarantee that someone attending will have what you require

IHN

Membership? I was aiming for cult.

Well, nbt’s coming so you’re good there.

Oh, sorry, you said cuLt.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

What size do you need?

I’ve not checked my stock of tat yet, but if anyone does have a spare 31.6mm seat post and quick release that would be *ace*.

ta

nbt

I’ll have a shufty in the garage

what size qr seat collar do you need? Guessing it will be 34.8?

chipster

I’m working this Sunday, so I can’t make it. 😥

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ll have a shufty in the garage

Cheers 🙂

Guessing it will be 34.8?

I would think so; I think I have one of these spare though. Will let you know.

andybrad

sorry guys and gals im out (family stuff 🙁 ) let us know when the next one is.

buckster
    Free Member

Bugger, too short notice for me to get up from the south, have fun though and hope there will be another

Hells

Can’t make it! 🙁

Permission granted. I’ll be there.

nicknack
    Free Member

Is this open to anyone that wants to ride? Id really like to join in but am a fresh face here!

Pook

Course it is! The rules:

1) if you’re fast, hold the gates and count the folks through
    2) if you’re slow – have something to talk about with the other 20 people with you
    3) bring cake

Pootles aren’t a typical ‘group ride’. I started them ‘cos I hated being the person at the back. I wanted a group ride for the people at the back. There aren’t any people at the back in a pootle.

2016 Winstanley Addendum:
    4) snogging, heavy petting, running and bombing permitted
    5) you must bring your own pen for arse cheek signing

saracendan

Any recommendations on cheap places to stay Saturday night if I make the 4 hour drive from Norfolk?

rOcKeTdOg

Just seen it’s 9am. Hard for me to get there for then without staying over & i can’t afford that. Have a great time guys

solarpowered
    Free Member

nicknack – Member
    Is this open to anyone that wants to ride? Id really like to join in but am a fresh face here!

POSTED 54 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh nicknack!!!! This is just ideal! I’m only going cos I’m still very new and totally trust everyone is so engrossed in finding out about one another they forget about how your riding! It is such a good idea for new riders please come along!….

Ben_mw

I should be able to make it. Looking forward to it, it’s been a while since I’ve pootled!

Sandwich

Oi onzadog – the only snogging that nbt will be doing is with me.

That was not the case when I attended!! 😉

nbt

WHAT GOES ON TOUR POOTLE STAYS ON TOUR POOTLE

Killer
    Free Member

OUght to be at Strathpuffer but had to pull out of that as i’m now in london town for the weekend. Gutted i can’t make it.

I shall keep an eye out for the next one

phil56

Sadly I’m already committed to the Dyfi Winter Warmer on Sunday – hope you all have a great pootle

Pook

WHAT GOES ON TOUR POOTLE STAYS ON TOUR POOTLE

I think that applies literally to some of our riders too. We always lose a few to the hills…

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s okay, we collect others as we go so the numbers ballance out.

BadlyWiredDog

Any recommendations on cheap places to stay Saturday night if I make the 4 hour drive from Norfolk?

Hayfield itself is small and bit touristy, so tends to be relatively expensive. The obvious no frills option would be the Travelodge in Glossop. Just checked and it’s saying ‘from £42’ for Saturday night. Right in the middle of town and about ten minutes drive from Hayfield on Sunday morning.

Quite a cool place built in a refurbished mill with M&S Simply Food, a Pizza Express and a Weatherspoons and a Dominos all on the doorstep. Plus a brilliant Thai Noodle bar just down the High Street.

The campsite in Hayfield is closed over winter otherwise would be ideal.

nbt

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9Ge9MqTgE[/video]

tonto
    Free Member

I will supply GF cake for any awkward eaters. Anyone want a lift from Rugby/Coventry area?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Girl Friend cake?
    For fussy eaters?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Any idea on route ? Wouldn`t mind a full loop in The ladder,

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Pootle – 2017’ is closed to new replies.