Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PC IMC test fail?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Just used the Intel Processor Diag Tool for the first time as my win7 pc froze a couple of times recently. The IMC element failed the test but things seem to be operating ok generally – should i be concerned?

chewkw
    Free Member

Not sure about the cause of IMC test failure but have you tried the older version of Intel Processor Diag Tool to see they give consistent readings? Apparent some say the Diag Tool itself is the problem. 🤔 Others suggest bios update …

Just keep backing up your data in two external hds in case one fail.

Have a laptop as backup for your work.

Well, long story short my PC cannot be switch off for more than 8 hours as it will give me BSOD after that but will fix it self after several days. Also if I check my system hd I always have the triangle warning. Never managed to solve it after so many years. My PC is about 8 yr old now. Otherwise my computer is perfectly fine but I never switch it off. 😒

poah
    Free Member

what were you doing when it froze?

as for cold boot problems try disabling fast boot in the bios.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Just used an older version of the tool as suggested and no issues found, even though the new test was certainly more indepth than the first one. Interestingly i ran the first one again and there was even more failures than before although that may well be a compatability issue with the new test software installed?
    The freezing issue was when watching streaming film on Prime and wasn’t a bandwidth issue.
    So it seems the old beast is still working ok (now i’ve said that… ;0) )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PC IMC test fail?’ is closed to new replies.