Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 297 total)
  • Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve given up waiting for a response as it went cold months ago and doesn’t look appetising in the slightest now. I’m still hungry though, but have lost alot of weight so I guess it works.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don – I think it’s okay if you make it with custard. Two wrongs make a right or something.

donsimon
    Free Member

Two wrongs make a right or something.

Got you. It is a bit crusty now, so would it be OK to make into a cheesecakey type thing? I read somewhere on the internet that this could be a good recovery food. Panorama didn’t say no.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Make it into a creme brulee with a singed coke topping.

donsimon
    Free Member

Good idea, why thank you kind sir.
    What were the proles talking about again?

SamCooke
    Free Member

Is it only slimjim who is owed?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Proper coke though, not coca-cola.

donsimon
    Free Member

Coca-cola?

SamCooke
    Free Member

Well, it’s clear he still has his supporters.

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, it’s clear he still has his supporters.

Like that, is it?

SamCooke
    Free Member

Like that, is it?

It would seem so, can’t really see any other reason

donsimon
    Free Member

Does that mean that if you’re not carrying a pitchfork, you must be a supporter?
    No room for sitting on the fence because you don’t have access to all the facts?
    Sorry, forgot where I was for a minute, of course, you’re right.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Does that mean that if you’re not carrying a pitchfork, you must be a supporter?

No

No room for sitting on the fence because you don’t have access to all the facts?

There is.

However, it seems to me that those that try to derail this thread might be doing so with some other agenda

donsimon
    Free Member

However, it seems to me that those that try to derail this thread might be doing so with some other agenda

I will say that you’re mistaken in your belief.
    Tomatoes, in or out?

SamCooke
    Free Member

Good try! Where’s the money?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whoah, whoah, whoah… I have no agenda when I derail any other thread!

yossarian
    Free Member

Or

SamCooke
    Free Member

Good, now ask him where the money is.

donsimon
    Free Member

Good try! Where’s the money?

😆

Good, now ask him where the money is.

Good to see that you’ve analysed the info and come to a well informed conclusion.

gary

I think, I’m not 100% sure, that people received the plan, they just didn’t get the levels of support they expected.

Nope, contact and payment in March, no plan ever delivered.

Plenty of sympathy for the problems encountered, which is one of my reasons for not being an arse and sending loads of grief through twitter or whatever, but that runs pretty thin when you can’t get any response via email.

I would quite happily still take a training plan rather than cash, but that requires some kind of communication 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Nope, contact and payment in March, no plan ever delivered.

Fair enough, all the info I’d seen here was of at least receipt of the plan.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so, you know it was a holiday and you know he didn’t send the plans?

Well you know him and that is less than a glowing endorsement

In defence of STW, he’s not a very good communicator..

And his job is to train and coach people and he has sold his idiet on here and yet he cannot communicate very well…proper LOL

He did also have severe and ongoing email issues, more than just a crashed server.

Which has thankfully not affected his ability to tweet even if it have affected his ability to post on STW .. hardly a credible defence tbh …we all know he had issues and we all know he has hardly bent over backwards to rectify them

I think, I’m not 100% sure, that people received the plan, they just didn’t get the levels of support they expected.
    Having seen some of the questions on the idiet threads I imagine the expectation level was quite high.

I would call that defence tbh whether you wish to prevaricate or not – I think i can guess:wink:

Why would you suggest that those who think dave has been unfair to folk and should remedy it are all carrying pitchforks – why the charicature if you are not defending him? Bit tabloid that tbh

Would you be annoyed to be out of pocket for paying for something you did not get?
    Surley this is reasonable

IMHO this is worse than RM as he did at least get the bits the only issues was debate about condition, Idave has deliverd far less. Had RM sent one brake and a calliper you may have a point re comparison

He needs to sort it ..it is clear he has unhappy customers, it is clear he has internet access, it is clear he has not sorted it despite promises to do so and it is clear he is free two days per week to sort it

SamCooke
    Free Member

Of course this scam is failsafe, all those who have been stiffed by him will be too fat to chase him even if he does reappear

donsimon
    Free Member

I think i can guess

And it’s just that, isn’t it? 😉

Why would you suggest that those who think dave has been unfair to folk and should remedy it are all carrying pitchforks

I didn’t mean that I thought that they were literally carrying pitchforks silly…

He needs to sort it

Agreed, but I wouldn’t know whether he’s in the middle of that process or not, which is why I refrain from commenting either way.

slimjim78
    Free Member

thank you Junkyard, a voice of reason

Lets be clear, I enquired about a plan, I received almost instant response from iDave, we discussed options, we shared information regarding my profile, here’s the good bit, he then chased me for payment stating ‘your plan is ready to go’, he then chased me again.. I contacted him to say his account details were wrong, he contacted me back within minutes offering correct details…
    I paid £250
    I asked him to confirm receipt, which he did within minutes.

I waited a few days, and scratched my head.
    I chased plan. Nothing.

I chased again, to be told ”Im just finalising details, enjoy your last few days of freedom”

‘WTF?’ I thought, I was told previously, twice, that the plan was ready.

I chased again around a week later, a week or so after that I was told ”I thought id sent it, itll be sorted tomorrow”

I chased again. Nothing.
    Repeat x5 etc.

Over the next 3 MONTHS(!!!) I’ve managed to get 3 responses from him. One was more than a sentance, and said something along the lines of ”you probably hate me, i’ll sort this for you pronto”

Nothing.

Last week I was promised a refund again, 8 days later.. guess what..
    Nothing.

I’m giving it 24hrs then the Twitter warfare begins, he’s has enough time to prove what a great guy he is.

To clarify, great responder until you hand the money over, then, NOTHING.
    no plan, no paperwork (heaven forbid he actual mail you a programme in the post!).
    NOTHING.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Agreed, but I wouldn’t know whether he’s in the middle of that process or not, which is why I refrain from commenting either way.

The middle of the process?

In which case, by your reasoning, I can hope to receive a refund in late October?
    Sounds fair.

donsimon
    Free Member

Sounds fair.

Yep, that sounds fair in the typical taking everything literal kind of way that is one of the STW joys. 😉

SamCooke
    Free Member

Well, Don Simon, tell me do you think that they way iDave has behaved is reasonable?

slimjim78
    Free Member

So,

So, you didn’t actually mean that?

I struggle to see any humour there. Even if I still had £250 in my pocket, I think I would still look at your comments and think ”strange that he’s unwilling to accept skull duggery is afoot in this case”
    or something

slimjim78
    Free Member

EDIT: DP

slimjim78
    Free Member

EDIT: TP

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, Don Simon, tell me do you think that they way iDave has behaved is reasonable?

That’s something that only me and iDave will know.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Why don’t you want to share that opinion with us?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why don’t you want to share that opinion with us?

Why would I? It’s none of your business.

SamCooke
    Free Member

sure, but you’ve shared your opinion on many other things here, and it is a discussion forum after all.

donsimon
    Free Member

OK, so boxers or Y fronts? Boxers let you breathe a bit more. IMO.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Why would I? It’s none of your business.

what a crock of shit, why even comment at all?! get the heck outta this thread if youre going to be such an arse.

FFS, I’d love to see your opinion if he owed YOU hundreds

khani
    Free Member

How long does the Process take? It’s not rocket science to send money by bank transfer/PayPal/cheque.. The classifieds on here would be screwed if the Process took ages…
    If he can twitter he can refund money, unless he’s spent it..bike riding in France for example…

donsimon
    Free Member

get the heck outta this thread if youre going to be such an arse monkey

and it is a discussion forum after all.

Arse monkey who gets shirty when they don’t like the opinions of others is the biggest arse monkey.

SamCooke
    Free Member

OK, so boxers or Y fronts? Boxers let you breathe a bit more. IMO.

Yeah, but ignoring your creditors and getting your flying monkeys to create interference for you gives you even more breathing space

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.