Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 297 total)
  • Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?
  • franksinatra

Is he based in France or the UK?

Sounds more like he might be based in Nigeria?

franksinatra

In answer to the original question I would go down small claims court route

I had to do this when we were ripped off before our wedding. Mrs Sinatra purchased some bits for her wedding outfit (mail order) and we mistakenly paid by debit card. Cost was £250. Goods turned up, then a second payment was taken. Company went underground, couldn’t contact them and before we could sort things with the bank, a third payment was taken.

Eventually went down small claims route. Filled in the forms, cycled down to Sheriff Court o and arrived in the right office slightly sweaty from the ride. The Clerk offered to check the forms for me. He skimmed through them then, in a room full of solicitors, staff and other members of the public said, in a very loud voice, ‘So, your claim relates to your purchase of a ladies corset, in baby pink? I wouldn’t have thought that was your best colour Sir…’

Anyway, the claim was settled very quickly without going to court

Drillski
    Free Member

So, affected persons, have you received satisfaction now? Has this gentleman made good on his promises or is this less than genuine? Come on we want to know.

spacemonkey

Personally don’t see much sincerity in Dave’s post above. Hopefully I’m wrong.

If I was one of those owed money , given a fresh ‘guarantee’ of a refund in say 7 days only to receive nothing, then I’d be the first to hammer his Twitter feed.

atlaz
    Free Member

This thread may well be awesome for his reputation once Google catches up with it. Hopefully people will get their money back or their training plans and everyone will be happy.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Everyone affected has been contacted and introduced to each other using an email address that is now 100% reliable. I’m deeply sorry for being a ****. All comments in the thread noted, many are fair, a few are well wide off the mark. Whilst this situation is hugely embarrassing and clearly unacceptable, it’s in no way been the most difficult thing I’ve been trying to deal with in the last 6 months. I’ve never tried to gain business from STW, it’s been my office banter since before it was STW. It makes no sense to deliberately bugger up an opportunity that came along – just think if I did a great job for a few on STW how the referrals would pour in. So, to intentionally do what appears to have been done would be utter madness both commercially and personally. Many users of STW are personal friends, it’s insane to think I’d act like this in full view of people I see regularly unless other forces outside my control were at work. Which I hope makes a few of you realise I’m not a total douche bag. Though if anyone wants a mint sauce key-ring……

Right, ok, so when am I getting my money back exactly?

Raindog
    Free Member

[/quote]Everyone affected has been contacted and introduced to each other using an email address that is now 100% reliable. I’m deeply sorry for being a ****. All comments in the thread noted, many are fair, a few are well wide off the mark. Whilst this situation is hugely embarrassing and clearly unacceptable, it’s in no way been the most difficult thing I’ve been trying to deal with in the last 6 months. I’ve never tried to gain business from STW, it’s been my office banter since before it was STW. It makes no sense to deliberately bugger up an opportunity that came along – just think if I did a great job for a few on STW how the referrals would pour in. So, to intentionally do what appears to have been done would be utter madness both commercially and personally. Many users of STW are personal friends, it’s insane to think I’d act like this in full view of people I see regularly unless other forces outside my control were at work. Which I hope makes a few of you realise I’m not a total douche bag. Though if anyone wants a mint sauce key-ring……

Me too please Dave.

If anyone wants Dave’s home address for court paperwork email me and I will send it to you.

iDave
    Free Member

You were on the email raindog. Will re-send.

BigJohn

Chin up Dave, There are plenty of us who know you’re a good guy still.

My weight is still at the target I set myself when I started iDieting 14 months ago, so you must be doing something right.

slimjim78
    Free Member

must..refrain..

edlong
    Free Member

dave

you’re the not the first person to bury their head in the sand when it started to go pear shaped, and you won’t be the last.

i hope you get your head and your business past this.

to do that, i think you probably need help. try and get it.

oddjob
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t started this thread.

I hope that Dave can get his life in order and repay everyone or find some solution. I have learned a lot from the idave diet and it has opened a doorway to lots of new knowledge for me as I have read a lot about diet and nutrition.

For those of us who are owed money/training plans. I don’t see any benefit in trying to ruin the guy. There only likely outcome of succeeding is that you’ll never get your money back.

Raindog
    Free Member

Thanks Dave. I’ve now had the “group” email (I didn’t get it the first time as Dave sent it to my work address and I’ve been off work for a week). I have no interest in “ruining” anyone, I just don’t buy the excuses. As others have said communication was no problem until money had been handed over.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Was all this resolved?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Everyone affected has been contacted and introduced to each other using an email address that is now 100% reliable.

I’ve got the wrong end of the stick; it’s not a fitness program it’s a Dating service!

Lots of words from iDave in his post; little substance. I hope the mail shot had a payment plan in it, or you’ve been bummed.

Again.

mikey3
    Free Member

Is this an offshoot of the scammer in the classified thread?.

donsimon
    Free Member

Was all this resolved?

Surely you would know, having been one of the more vocal witch hunters on this thread, wouldn’t you?

Markie
    Free Member

Surely you would know, having been one of the more vocal witch hunters on this thread, wouldn’t you?

It’s witch hunting to point out how unreasonably iDave appears to have treated (is treating) his STW customers? Who knew.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s witch hunting to point out how unreasonably iDave appears to have treated (is treating) his STW customers? Who knew.

I wouldn’t know, my friend, I haven’t seen what’s happening off forum. Interesting word ‘appears‘, innit?
    But good of you to have dug out a dying thread.

ransos
    Free Member

I wouldn’t know, my friend, I haven’t seen what’s happening off forum. Interesting word ‘appears’, innit?
    But good of you to have dug out a dying thread.

If he’s done the right thing, then I’m sure people will be along shortly to say so.

SkillWill
    Free Member

*tumbleweed*

boblo
    Free Member

Surprised this thread is still going. He/his friends had another thread relating to this very subject closed within 20 mins earlier….

hora
    Free Member

For those of us who are owed money/training plans. I don’t see any benefit in trying to ruin the guy. There only likely outcome of succeeding is that you’ll never get your money back.

I hear you loud and clear but people aren’t charities. Someone who scrapped together upto £200 to be told ‘sorry all gone tits up mate you’ll have to suck it up as lost’ wouldn’t be fair at all would it? Are the constant delays and reasons given designed to wear into said people who then feel ‘bad’ and think ‘ok I’ll let it go and chalk it upto experience’?

Its sad all-round however thats THEIR call not ours.

donsimon
    Free Member

If he’s done the right thing, then I’m sure people will be along shortly to say so.

I doubt that very much. Very few threads appear with positive messages, but the witch hunt threads seem to get a lot of attention.
    Probably should read more into the fact that the complaining stopped, no?

hora
    Free Member

Or they are waiting on the latest promises -give it sometime?

ransos
    Free Member

I doubt that very much. Very few threads appear with positive messages, but the witch hunt threads seem to get a lot of attention.

Or the complaining stopped because the complainants got fed up of being ignored?

In any case, iDave has been on here himself, today, on the closed thread. It’s unlikely that he wouldn’t have mentioned a resolution had there actually been one.

oddjob
    Free Member

I promise to post as soon as I get the training plan that I agreed to with him a couple of weeks ago.

hora
    Free Member

Ok. We’ll leave it for there for now. 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

like the thread this morning….

this will not result in a direct answer from any of the parties, this will not recieved comment from STW towers, this will be pulled and deleted.

in order to add “paying for training plans” to the list of topics that are ‘banned’ from STW, there will eventually have to be an explanation from somewhere.

donsimon
    Free Member

Or they are waiting for the latest promises -give it sometime?

Maybe, so there was no need for an unconnected member to open a new thread on the subject or for this thread to be resurrected, was there?
    It would appear to be being conducted behind closed doors, which is the correct thing in this case, IMVHO.

soobalias
    Free Member

oddjob – as i said this morning, im looking forward to that thread and hope someone stickies it for a couple of days so i dont miss it.

ransos
    Free Member

Maybe, so there was no need for an unconnected member to open a new thread on the subject or for this thread to be resurrected, was there?

I’m not sure how this directly affects you, yet here you are.

Let’s hope that iDave makes good on his latest promise.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It would appear to be being conducted behind closed doors, which is the correct thing in this case, IMVHO.

Would appear to be at odds with

I promise to post as soon as I get the training plan that I agreed to with him a couple of weeks ago.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure how this directly affects you, yet here you are.

And you good self, what is your interest?

jota180
    Free Member

I think the point here is – you seem to crop up on all the idave threads telling everyone it’s not their business, yet seem impervious to your own advice.

where’s renton when you need him?

donsimon
    Free Member

I think the point here is – you seem to crop up on all the idave threads telling everyone it’s not their business, yet seem impervious to your own advice.

Do I really? TBH, I get hacked off with any witch hunt STW judge and jury thread. People are too quick to jump to uninformed conclusions on many topics and have the attitude of guilty until proven innocent. That’s my POV on most of this type of thread, not just the idave threads. I guess you’re happier with the witch hunting and stake burning, each to their own.

where’s renton when you need him?

Looking for his map to find his way back here. 😆

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t have an interest. I am interested. People often comment on things they are interested in – it’s how forums work. Did someone not tell you?

People are too quick to jump to uninformed conclusions on many topics

This thread is a month old.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My interest is in the greater good of this community, like it or not we are one.
    No iDave hasn’t scammed me but others have been.
    iDave has apologised on here and promised refunds, yet none appear to have materialised.
    People owed money by Dave (like oddjob) seem to be as in the dark as the rest of us.
    Don, you pop up on here telling people to mind their own business. Isn’t that a bit contradictory of you, as I don’t believe its anything to do with you either. Either accept it or get off your high horse.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don, you pop up on here telling people to mind their own business. Isn’t that a bit contradictory of you, as I don’t believe its anything to do with you either. Either accept it or get off your high horse.

I tell those who are adding fuel to the fire to mind their own business as they are just shit stirring and add nothing positive, much like yourself. As ransos says eveyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that you are innocent until proven guilty and that if you are simply a shit stirrer, you should stay away.
    How is that a high horse? And how is that going against my own advice? Please read before making silly comments.

boblo
    Free Member

Is there any doubt of his ‘guilt’? I don’t think that’s ever been contested by him has it? Guilt in the strictest sense; stuff paid for but not supplied.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.