Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 297 total)
  • Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

Agreed, though the tone of the twitter feeds sound ditinctly unworklike, unless tsy is paying Him to ride from Geneva to Monaco. I don’t see how one would contemplate that trip, before settling their debts. Some problems wit prioritisng i rhink.

donsimon
    Free Member

How much are you owed SamCooke?
    I can’t help thinking that there is a big hole here. It’s a very dangerous game to play, using the internet to promote and run a business. I find it difficult to believe that someone would commit such a public commercial suicide.

His reputation or lack of it now can only be restored if he posts up why he’s been unable to refund.

Why should he post up here if things are being done behind closed doors? If you’re not involved, then you’re simply fanning the flamesand not adding anything positive.
    Like many things there is more to it than meets the eye.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not iDave’s Accountant… maybe I should be 🙂

Edukator – I’m on your diet plan!

jota180
    Free Member

Why should he post up here if things are being done behind closed doors? If you’re not involved, then you’re simply fanning the flamesand not adding anything positive.

I think the lack of things happening behind closed doors is the reason for the posting here by affected people and therefore looking for a response from others.
    I see nothing wrong in others adding their opinion

donsimon
    Free Member

I see nothing wrong in others adding their opinion

Me neither as long as we are able to differentiate between an opinion and a bayer of blood. 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Me neither as long as we are able to differentiate between an opinion and a bayer of blood.

oh, I think most people can manage that

donsimon
    Free Member

oh, I think most people can manage that

I think you’d be surprised.

soobalias
    Free Member

what about if the country paid G4S for a full security package for the Olympics….

slimjim78
    Free Member

I don’t imagine cycling about in France for few weeks, is the best way of dealing with serious financial issues

+1

I think the lack of things happening behind closed doors is the reason for the posting here

+1

As things stand, i’m funding iDave’s jolly around Geneva.
    I don’t care what difficulties you are experiencing, 3 months in you will have been able to pull your finger out.

How much is a decent road bike worth? and flights to Geneva?

soobalias
    Free Member

sounds a lot like he couldnt give a $hit what the half a dozen customers STW has brought him think.

particularly if all the other storys are true, its a bit of a drop in the ocean.

And just because you *points* would take care of your debts before going on a jolly, doesnt mean that everyone would. What Would Bradley Wiggens Say?

slimjim78
    Free Member

And just because you *points* would take care of your debts before going on a jolly, doesnt mean that everyone would

Quite.
    But you’d think someone whom is repeatedly testified for as a ‘decent bloke’, would.

jota180
    Free Member

What Would Bradley Wiggens Say?

He’d say ………

“oi soobalias, it’s **** Wiggins, you c***

SamCooke
    Free Member

Me? Im owed my reputation. I recommended this to some colleagues. I stand to lose momre than just money.

How’s that? Or would you prefer a different answer. Just to be clear i am not baying of blood. I’m not sure how to do that.

slimjim78
    Free Member

yep, another promise of some cash (6 days ago), and another failure to materialise

SamCooke
    Free Member

Can’t tsy ask him what is going on?is anyone else here in touch with him?

Is slimjim the only one owed?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Perhaps an email to his business partner might bring some answers?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Project I was to start on Monday put back until Oct so my sports performance/marketing gun is for hire, 2 days/week. #rentabrain

Latest tweet from iDave; you couldn’t make it up.

Dobbo

He comes across as a right tosser due to all this. You don’t **** people about like this in business.

transapp
    Free Member

Well it must be hard work doing all that riding. The bloke deserves a couple of days off a week to relax and you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves for wanting what you paid for!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why aren’t all the creditors tweeting him like there’s no tomorrow?

mefty
    Free Member

gun is for hire

Which shoots blanks?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Look at it as £90 less cash to spend on food. Result!

molgrips
    Free Member

In defence, he does give a shit about this, and the problems he’s had are quite astonishing, and a lot bigger than your £300 or whatever.

Someone else had paid for the Marmotte, and he works in Geneva regularly.

crikey
    Free Member

Looks like he’s having a brilliant time, thanks guys!

wwaswas

He did get quite a lot of sympathy from me during the whole ‘my life is falling apart’ period.

That’s pretty much been lost now though.

I’d be on their facebook page and twitter account like a rash if it was me owed this money.

How many “I’m owed money by @ffflow for a trainign plan they didn’t deliver and they won’t even discuss it with me’ tweets would it take?

Most cyclists are followed by a lot of other cyclists and people have good memories for this sort of thing.

he does give a shit about this, and he has way more people demanding way more money off him than you lot, through nothing he’s done.

so why not decline the free holiday and spend the time talking to people about what he’s going to do to sort the situation out or, heaven forbid, maybe earning some money to actually be able to pay them back?

He’s pretty much deserted stw these days so he’s clearly aware what’s being discussed on here and even if he can’t actually pay people back they deserve more than empty promises.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be STW if we didn’t all throw in our opinion without really knowing what’s going on…

wwaswas

but I think that’s my point – he doesn’t seem to be tellign people what’s going on.

If he can’t pay why promise he’s going to?

I understand he has problems but I suspect he’s not going to solve them by goign on cycling holidays and ignoring people who want their money.

It’s only going to take a few people to go to small claims and his business will be in real trouble.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but I think that’s my point – he doesn’t seem to be tellign people what’s going on

I don’t know. I can only go by what people post on here, and I tell people I’m a sexy young female a lot of the time.

wwaswas

I tell people I’m a sexy young female a lot of the time.

and you’re not 😯

This is akin to finding out that Linda Snell on the Archers doesn’t look like Edwina Currie.

Another mental image shattered.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s okay… I’m 2 sexy young females 🙂

Plus we’re sisters and have a things for guys with a stammer.

wwaswas

r-r-r-r-really?

boring explanation: the www thing was a mistake really, I should have hyphentated it to ww-as-was. I used to be weekendworrier but re-registered.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

I must have missed all this, I thought Idave diet thing was some sort or little group thing like the jobtrack collective or the stop smoking collective. Didnt realise it was some bloke selling some sort of weight watchers program thingy…or is that how it works – you hand over your cash so you cant buy pies 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

He’s pretty much deserted stw these days so he’s clearly aware what’s being discussed on here and even if he can’t actually pay people back they deserve more than empty promises.

THIS

It wouldn’t be STW if we didn’t all throw in our opinion without really knowing what’s going on..

he owes folk money, he has promised to pay or deliver a plan and hehas done neither for months , he is on a jolly good foreign holiday and he has left here rather than defend himself

I dont think you need to be Sherlock to work this one out tbh
    The only issue is whether he will actually sort his out one day when he can and he seems to be failing to deliver on that so far and not exactly concentrating all his efforts on sorting this out.

donsimon
    Free Member

I understand he has problems but I suspect he’s not going to solve them by goign on cycling holidays and ignoring people who want their money.

Well, I didn’t get a postcard, this leaves me wondering whether it was a holiday or work related. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky – so, you know it was a holiday and you know he didn’t send the plans?

Personally I don’t think this is like the RealMan episode because the facts are not clearly in front of us*.

*This won’t stop me stabbing him with a pitch fork though.

molgrips
    Free Member

he doesn’t seem to be tellign people what’s going on.

In defence of STW, he’s not a very good communicator…

thought Idave diet thing was some sort or little group thing like the jobtrack collective or the stop smoking collective. Didnt realise it was some bloke selling some sort of weight watchers program thingy

iDave is a coach, doing all sorts of consultancy. He posted up a diet plan on here for free, no strings, which was good, and continued to answer all sorts of questions.

People then approached him for training plans, paid him, and didn’t get them.

he is on a jolly good foreign holiday

He’s not on holiday, although he has been riding his bike.

donsimon
    Free Member

People then approached him for training plans, paid him, and didn’t get them.

I think, I’m not 100% sure, that people received the plan, they just didn’t get the levels of support they expected.
    Having seen some of the questions on the idiet threads I imagine the expectation level was quite high.
    Did anyone actually confirm whether porridge was allowed, or not?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I text him asking at least 5 times a day Don…

wwaswas

The problem is not whether he is on holiday or not, really, it’s that he’s making promises he’s not keeping and not communicating with people when they subsequently ask questions.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think, I’m not 100% sure, that people received the plan, they just didn’t get the levels of support they expected.

Right.

He did also have severe and ongoing email issues, more than just a crashed server.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.