Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 297 total)
  • Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

If you paid someone £90 to do something for you based on email exchanges and they then more or less stopped answering your mails and didn’t deliver anything what would you do?

Keep mailing them a couple of times a week indefinately?

Flame them on internet forums where they are known?

Give up on the lost cash and get on with your life?

headfirst
    Free Member

Paying for services then not getting them

I’ve had a similar on-going problem for years now. My wage gets paid into a joint account the wife has access to…

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Threaten legal action?

I’d want my cash back, but then I’m tight.

oddjob
    Free Member

legal action for £90?!

That would probably not pay off plus we are in different countries

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Flame them on internet forums where they are known?

Dunno whats the etiquette on morethanfriends.com ?

steve-g
    Free Member

If you’ve paid your £90 admin charge, and given them your bank details then just sit tight. I’m sure the Nigerian lottery winnings will be swept into your account any day now

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In different countries? Are they still using he forums?

Give them an ultimatum then flame away depending on the answer – we did have a situation here that was similar and an innocent explanation emerged

How did you get the money to them?

geoffj

Depends how may emails / phone calls etc., you were expecting for your £90

binners

Which country are they in? Would drastic action on your behalf spark an international incident? It may seem drastic, but people have got to learn. How about….

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’d tell the drug addict hooker to pay me back.

Oops wrong forum!

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m outside the UK, not them

I was expecting more than “I’ll call you tomorrow” and then no phone call twice.

It’s not really my style to flame anyone, it seems so undignified and wouldn’t really help me very much.

Maybe I’l find out where he lives and wee through his letterbox

br
    Free Member

Before you do anything ‘awkward’, just check they’ve not been run over or the like…

jon1973
    Free Member

From another country? Are you Ron Jeremy?

Jamie
    Free Member

From another country? Are you Ron Jeremy?

Nah, he will probably get it delivered with UPeeS.

dooosuk
    Free Member

and wouldn’t really help me very much.

No, but it may stop others from losing money too if they do it a lot.

Lots of unscrupulous people/companies rely on people writing off small amounts.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m coming to the UK in the summer.

I know the person in question is not out of action.

I know there are some excuses, but not enough for 4+ months

Jamie
    Free Member

So no clues at all then?

geoffj

We could have a sweep stake?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ic another country…legal action is cost prohibitive, flame away.

I had to threaten this with a chinese ebay seller who royally dicked me around.

njee20
    Free Member

Is it Dave again?

Raindog
    Free Member

As you know I have had a very similar experience with the same service provider (except I paid £250). Suggest you give me a call and we can discuss.

LeeW

^+1

I did get a discount off my last ‘plan’ 15% iirc. When I paid him I asked if there’s an delay with any subsequent plans what should I do. I actually believed him when he said everything was sorted now so there won’t be any more delays.

Low and behold, nothing for 4 months, I use someone else now. If anyone wants his details, my email address is in my profile.

oddjob
    Free Member

Has anyone had any good experiences with him as a customer?

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve changed the email in my profile to the one I know will work. The only other one that works is a corporate one which I can’t use on here. This is pretty dire I admit. To put it in context, I had 85k files deleted, with all my work records from the last 3 years, all my email archives gone, my stalker has kindly canceled car/house insurance months ago and I only just found out etc. I’ve been getting emails this week that were sent to me months ago. This is just a small part of what has been happening, including verbal threats against my kids. So I’m dealing with all sorts and trying to keep some kind of sanity while a large part of my business dissolves – coaching is a small part of what I do . can anyone affected please contact me and I’ll sort out refunds asap. It’s utterly shoddy, I fully understand that I come across as a horses ass and utter tosser from this. I have actually had very few clients from STW over the years, probably no more than 6 in as many years most of them since feb this year. I tried to help as many as possible with the diet thing and not tried to sell my services through the forum. A few of you wanting coaching came at the worst time with stalker then IT disasters. my apologies to anyone affected. I’ll try and get you sorted as soon as possible. i may be an arse but I’m not a bad man as such.

Pook

he needs that £90 to pay his speeding fine dave

oddjob
    Free Member

We’re in contact and I’m hopeful that we’ll sort it all out now.

I know that he has had some problems otherwise I wouldn’t have been so patient in the first place.

Cougar

I know that he has had some problems

I know the person in question is not out of action.

Hmmm…?

Raindog
    Free Member

I will email you now and await my refund.

BigJohn

You’re having it a bit rough, Dave. I doubt I can be of much practical help but that needn’t stop you asking. Mail in profile, as they say, in case you’ve lost all details.

To all the witchfinders I’d say this: Dave’s maybe a bit disorganised at the best of times, but he’s not a rogue. I’ve known him for a good few years and I’ve never seen him abuse anybody’s trust. The shitstorm he’s experiencing right now is enough to drive anybody mad, so cut him a bit of slack if you can.

Raindog
    Free Member

So – four days since I emailed Dave on his “clean” email. No reply. No surprise. For what it’s worth I have some sympathy with Dave as he’s clearly having a shit time. However, in the last twelve months I’ve lost my home, wife (who announced her affair with a workmate on my birthday), financial stability and dog. Part of what helped me through was the thought of losing weight and getting fitter – this is why I paid £250 for what I thought was to be a structured plan with support. I did, eventually get the workout plan (and a tweeked iDave diet) but have not had a single chance to discuss the plan or ask any questions. The plan took no account of the exercise I was already doing. I had absolutely no reply to any of the weekly feedback forms I was asked to fill in. I’ve had a shit year too, Dave, and I went to work and did my job. Do the decent thing and give those people who you have so clearly failed their money back. You might even rebuild your reputation if you do.

Raindog
    Free Member

I know you’ll all be shocked, but here we are two weeks on and still the promised refund hasn’t arrived. Words fail me (at least, the ones I can post on here do).

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

To be fair, if this was jo burt or superstar there’d be hell on about this.

Raindog
    Free Member

Absolutely. It astonishes me that someone can give so much help away for free, but then be so utterly useless when paid.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Well, i’ve been following iDave diet discussions for a long time now, always been slightly sceptical, in no small measure influenced by edukator. Have been trying to work out if it is any more than a low carb diet with some days off., or perhaps really just a more out tha n in calorie balance. Seems it was a weight loss programme for tubbies and less for slighter chaps looking to tone up. As a fatty myself i have followed the mixed reviews with interest. However given the excellent recent reviews with lots of people seeming to have lost lots and lots of pounds and apparently, not regaining them, as is common with some diets. I reckon i’ll be taking it on. How do i contact this iDave fella?does he have an email address?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Same boat here.
    Have tried all ‘clean’ email addresses. 3 months in.

Dave, please spend a few hours at the bank sorting out the refunds owed.
    If you are genuinely still not receiving my emails with bank details, please contact me via my profile.

£250
    PLEASE.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No opinion on Idave or the diet but it is clear what the right thing is to do
    the longer it goes on unresolved the worse it looks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What? Page two and no jokes about losing 250 lb on the diet?

FWIW he’s probably far from the worst coach, there was an anecdote in Hutch’s column in Cycling Weekly where someone training for a long distance race received the wrong training plan for that week and got one addressed to someone training for a sprint. When queried the coach sent him a new plan, well the same plan with his name at the top this time!

SamCooke
    Free Member

What? Page two and no jokes about losing 250 lb on the diet?

However given the excellent recent reviews with lots of people seeming to have lost lots and lots of pounds and apparently, not regaining them

No need to duck

hora
    Free Member

Im new to this but what exactly are you guys paying 90-250 for?

Are you getting commercial/winnings results? Sorry I never click on the diet threads. I drink alcohol etc so Ive always felt it wouldnt be for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.