Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Patagonia MTB range
  • ratherbeintobago

Got an email promo from Patagonia about their (?new) MTB range. Has anyone tried any of it?

jam-bo

Still arranging the mortgage…

rascal
    Free Member

£££££££

ratherbeintobago

It’s Patagonia. Of course it’s spendy (though the bibs aren’t that horrific).

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

I hope the waterproof is made from a different material than their boil in the bag torrentshell.

Clink

Patagonia used to be mega expensive compared to other brands back in the day. These days it’s on par with other outdoor brands (or so my tour of Ambleside outdoor shops proved).

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Most of the stuff they’ve got badged up as their mtb range is just they’re normal kit looking at the link. Patagonia is a funny one these days – still top wack prices but the efficacy/ functionality of some of they’re kit is a bit all over the place (had a couple of their hard shells which were marginally less breathable than bin bags) and their sizing is a lottery. However it’s all very well made and you get the eco credentials(although I’m sure I read somewhere these may of slipped a little), and some of the kit (R1’s, nano puffs, Fitzroy parkas etc) are hands down best tool for the job

ratherbeintobago

Most of the stuff they’ve got badged up as their mtb range is just they’re normal kit looking at the link.

Is it though? I accept the T-shirts might be but it looks like the shorts are designed to work with the bibs a la Endura Clickfast.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Is it though? I accept the T-shirts might be but it looks like the shorts are designed to work with the bibs a la Endura Clickfast.

Everything bar the shorts, pretty much yes

LAT

I have some of the newer shorts that don’t come with a liner. They are well tailored and very light. Basic/simple design with no pockets and welded seams. A close fit

The jackets, discontinued and the current one, don’t fit as well as the 7mesh stuff I’ve tried on. That gear is amazing. And even more expensive.

I also have a jersey that’s now discontinued. It’s very simple but ok.

got all my bits in various sales.

edit

i believe there are 2 types of short, liners, a jersey and a jacket that were specifically designed for mtb. Rack in M and F versions.

matt_outandabout

Patagonia is a funny one these days – still top wack prices but the efficacy/ functionality of some of they’re kit is a bit all over the place (had a couple of their hard shells which were marginally less breathable than bin bags) and their sizing is a lottery. However it’s all very well made and you get the eco credentials(although I’m sure I read somewhere these may of slipped a little), and some of the kit (R1’s, nano puffs, Fitzroy parkas etc) are hands down best tool for the job

Completely agree.

I’ve also had issues with warranty returns – paying for posting to Portugal, paying for postage back and they wanted £60 to replace a pocket zip that should have been under (lifetime) warranty.

IMO there are brands such as Vaude that are as sustainable and ethical in policy that now make better kit, that reliably fits and works.

And I used to be head to toe in Patgonia…

batfink
    Free Member

Having just dealt with Patagonia (in Australia) and received superb customer service, I feel obliged to post. They bent over backwards to try to get something to me next-day (something they don’t routinely offer), and when it looked like it wasn’t going to turn up on time, they sent a shop assistant from their store in an uber to hand deliver it to me at home.

It’s the first thing from them I’ve bought, so I can’t speak to quality/longevity, but it terms of customer service….. I’m struggling to think of ever having had a more positive experience

samuelr
    Free Member

The shop in Manchester has a repair station that you can take your stuff to.

lawman91

It looks good, and I do like their outdoors kit, I have a Nano Air Hoody I live in most of the year, so I’d be intrigued to try the riding gear. For me though, 7Mesh are the brand to go for as alluded too a few posts back. The fit, finish and quality is just next level. I used to go through kit from Fox in no time, but my 7Mesh gear is still going strong after nearly 3 and it looks pretty much brand new. I’ve bought a fair bit from them, a few pairs of shorts, jerseys, bibs and a few of the Windstopper jackets and I think once I can afford/stomach spending out on either the Revelation or Guardian jacket I’ll be set for the next 10 years easily. It is expensive, but in my opinion totally worth it. Compared to other brands a lot of the stuff isn’t even that much more than other brands, though I appreciate the Gore-tex jackets are very pricey regardless!

chakaping
    Free Member

My fave MTB jacket (and by the far the best functionally) is a Patagonia softshell which I think was meant for trail running.

Review: Patagonia Windshield Jacket

Zip died after I wrote that and they repaired in warranty, I just paid a few ££ postage IIRC. Perfect garment for current conditions!

Gotama
    Free Member

I have the shorts and they’re good. Really light weight material, cut well although as in the review below if you run knee pads then they’re slightly shorter than a DH cut. Not a problem for me as my knee pads have a tight so they come up mid thigh but maybe too short if you want to avoid the pad/short gap.

https://nsmb.com/articles/patagonia-dirt-roamer-short-trail-bike-henley-review/

I’d recommend them. Review above is a fair reflection. Seem well made. As mentioned above the 7mesh stuff is very good too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Patagonia MTB range’ is closed to new replies.