Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Passportes du Soleil – Who else is going
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Friday doing the PPDS , 8 of us. I will be on a Green SC Nickel with NWMBA jersey. Staying in Morziene. Say hello if you see me!!! 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@zookman – doing the PPdS event on a DH bike is a buggar as there is quite a bit of pedalling (flatish). The HT will be fine for the trails and you see plenty of fast locals out there on them. You will get lots of vibration though.

IMO it’s an ordinary helmet type ride.

@atlas – depends what you are used to, but I found the Champery option is pretty steep but definitely more interesting than the road and all rollable. You might need to give the brakes a rest.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I just checked the pdf for the route and it’s different than 2012 and before when I’ve done it – the steeper option into Champery isn’t there this year as the route seems to head to the town sooner. The two optional trails into Corsettes are good ones (especially from Champery side, nice and swoopy) so I suggest you do those.

atlaz
    Free Member

So it’s sounding like 80km of singletrack, doubletrack, fireroad and road. I can live with that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@atlaz – yes you have it, it’s a grand day out in the mountains in the company of 1000’s of other mountain bikers. It’s not the trans-provence/savoie but it’s excellent fun and a good way to see the area.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Suits me. Introduction to riding in the Alps for me.

Then the Mega! 😯 😀 (next year maybe 😉 )

deadkenny
    Free Member

So am I looking at winter weather clothes & a snow shovel or t-shirt and sun cream?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Forecast here.
    I’m thinking warmish clothing as the temperature will be noticably lower at the tops of the lifts.

alexxx
    Free Member

Just thought I’d let you know that I’ll be taking pictures for my friends company “Mountain Event Photography” – find them on facebook… so get your berms railed and jumps sent if you want a nice picture on the day.

atlaz
    Free Member

As long as it’s not a swamp-fest I’ll be happy.

atlaz
    Free Member

So, yesterday WAS a swamp fest. Friday was lovely though. It definitely rates as one of my wettest days on a bike but even so, the ride down from Avoriaz to Morzine was still fantastic.

Hi to slackalice too, bumped into him as deadkenny was fixing a puncture on the first trail of the day

forge197
    Free Member

Muddy again today, busted my rear mech off with mud 😯 think it was jammed went to pedal and bang twisted rear mech. That or it sustained damage in an earlier fall, tried single speeding but wasn’t working for me.

So managed 11miles off road and 9 miles road and vtt back to get sorted, ready for tomorrow suspect its still going be a mud fest in places.

frogstomp

Very muddy today but happy not to have to have ridden it in the rain yesterday.

Was just like Mountain Mayhem, with mountains!

Carlos45
    Free Member

I was fortunate to do the tour on Friday, however not so fortunate to have a branch flick into my spokes on Thursday resulting in head first into forest road. Result was a messy face and 4 stitches in the chin (performed by a very nice dr in the les gets medical centre. Took me a while to get my mojo back….

Saturday must have been carnage as well as today – at least today was blue skies all round.

atlaz
    Free Member

On the way back yesterday I was listening to local radio and they were talking about how few riders bothered with riding on Saturday. I’m glad we did ride but being perfectly honest I couldn’t have done much more than I did on Saturday (Lindarets -> Avoriaz -> Morzine and back) as I came off the chair lifts shivering despite wearing loads of layers. Everything on me was soaked.

flappjack
    Free Member

So sorry for those who did saturday. We’ve been here 10 days now and sat was the worst weather we’ve seen. We did friday which was cold but good.

Wall to wall blue skies today…we’re here until saturday (gloat).

woolymonster
    Free Member

Yeah there were some very muddy & haunted looks on Saturday.

We rode Sunday which good but damn muddy, plus everyone got round OK too – Result.

atlaz
    Free Member

We’ve been here 10 days now and sat was the worst weather we’ve seen.

Funnily enough on Friday when we came down from Mossettes we thought the mud off the top was pretty bad. On Saturday when we got back to Lindarets the people coming down from Mossettes looked pretty clean compared to us so I guess it’s all perspective.

Great place tho. Looking forward to going back.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Passportes du Soleil – Who else is going’ is closed to new replies.