• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Parking fine advice
  • Mounty_73

I have received my very first parking fine and just thought I would post up here for advice before reaching a decision.

I parked at a NCP car park and on the day I attempted to pay twice using my visa debit card, as this was my only means of paying, however on both occasions the screen went blank and I wasnt sure if the payment was taken, the screen went blank when clicking Yes for a receipt on both occasions.

I didnt have my mobile with me, of all the days not to have it!! So I had no choice but to leave the car park and I went straight home and called the NCP customer service number, they were not the most helpful! They gave me a case ref number. I also sent them an email.

Its the usual £100 or if paid within 14 days, £60. Do I have to take a knock and just accpet the fact that I have to pay it?

Does anyone know what the best course of action would be?

I have just submitted an appeal application.

I have called NCP and they have given me a case reference number, so I just wanted to put this into writing.

johndoh
    Free Member

As you have a case reference number from your original call I would suggest you have strong grounds to challenge the fine. I am sure there will be loads of advice available on the usual websites (HonestJohn etc).

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, challenge that. I had one where the machine wasn’t working, had to pay to get unclamped when I returned 5 minutes later. Wrote to the car park owner bastard and got a refund.

Mounty_73

Appealed and won!

Had it been my own fault I would have taken it on the chin and dipped into my wallet, but not when the bloody machines dont work, no chance!

Cougar

Excellent.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nice one!

DezB
    Free Member

As it should be 😊

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Parking fine advice’ is closed to new replies.