Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Parking Charge Notice
  • piemonster

Anyone actually been to court with one of these?

I’m feeling rather recalcitrant

geoffj

If you can’t do the time…..

curvature
    Free Member

Me 3 – Staffs Council 0

Me 0 – Wolverhampton Council 1

It all depends on why and what it was issued for but I would say my success rate is pretty good!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

‘Parking’ charge or ‘Penalty’ charge.

One is legally enforceable the other not.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Parking charge notice or penalty charge notice? For parking c n ignore it. For penatly, it can be beaten depending on conditions and what you did.

piemonster

It’s a Private parking notice rather than a Council jobby.

I was visiting friends, they filled out the permit. Then mid morning the next day told me I’d need to put a new permit on my car. Too late

As far as I can tell, the fine is an invoice. And I’m only actually liable for loss/damages. Which is the cost of the permit, which at £5 per year isn’t much.

I have a solicitor representing me for free (he’s a good lad), so it’s more a case of me wondering if anyone has any experience ?

piemonster

Aye, I know most never go near a court. But they like to try there hand every now and again.

The company in question just got nailed in an Upper Tax Tribunal

Onzadog
    Free Member

No need for representation. Ignore everything. Don’t argue, don’t respond. They will try scare tactics, then it will go away.

verses
    piemonster

Onzadog

The solicitor in question is a friend, sort of. He did say I’d probably end up in The Tower at the end of this.

They do, very occasionally got to court. The following link provides some amusing details.
    http://www.clearest.co.uk/news/2012/7/10/private_parking_%E2%80%98bloodsuckers%E2%80%99_flayed_in_conference_speech

There’s no worry here, more curiosity. If anything I’d quite like to see them take me to court over alleged losses of £0.013p.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If your mate wants to play them to prove a point then I say good luck to him. I too would like to see the award of 0.013 pence

richmtb

If its a private parking charge don’t even bother responding.

They will go away eventually

Cougar

That PLC report is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I had a one for parking in the local Aldi for a few hours. I had a two letters off them and have heard nowt for two months now.

piemonster

The letters I’ve had so far are fantastic, look like they’ve been drawn up by an 8 year old.

This is also good: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=70585&st=0

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Just ignore them – they’ll stop sending demands after a while (4 letters for our last one)

piemonster

Just found this wonderful debt collection agency who pursue PCN’s

Loving the “Mock claim forms” and the also quality silver and gold “package deals”

I believe the correct term is… what vile w$”kers

globalti
    Free Member

I got one a few months ago for parking in the wrong place in a cinema car park that was full. I ignored it and the following five increasingly threatening letters. The really funny thing was that by letter four they were trying to extort £280 from me but in the fifth letter they said “how about £120?” and in the sixth “how about £80?” thereby admitting defeat. After the sixth letter I noticed that all the letters, which came supposedly from three different crap agencies, bore the same stupid scrawled illegible signature… go figure… they’re muppets.

Ignore, don’t make contact, don’t let them frighten you; you have a moral duty to ignore extortionists. If they had asked me for a fiver I’d have paid just to get them off my back but when they asked for £120 then £280 they lost any tiny moral high ground they may have held.

lhabitantdepointe
    Free Member

Where did you get it?

piemonster
    piemonster

globalti – f$%^ing right I’m ignoring them

motivforz
    Free Member

MSE Parking Charge ‘Snap’

The link above has all the letters from parking companies and the following ‘debt collection agencies’.

I like to play ‘snap’ when I get them, and as mentioned above the same signature is used by different companies with different names – clearly falsified documents.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I use them for my last house move!!

chakaping
    Free Member

No need for representation. Ignore everything. Don’t argue, don’t respond. They will try scare tactics, then it will go away.

My experience too.

Don’t waste your friend’s time, just ignore it all.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Okey dokey, here’s one for you….

001 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Obtained by my Mrs who’s a stafff nurse on nightshift, she’s already paid the fecker but should she have?

piemonster

I wouldn’t have in those circumstances

However, it probably more effort than it’s worth to recover the money. I’m assuming she paid the £20 early option?

Here’s what the bacon think about PCN’s

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/42909-parking-charge-notice-pcn/

piemonster

£20, almost reasonable for a PCN

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

£20, almost reasonable for a PCN

I know, It’s a bargain!

So, has anyone ignored a parking charge notice from an NHS car park & ignored it? (so she knows for next time)

globalti
    Free Member

Er, my BIL is a hospital Deputy GM and right at the moment his legal department is locked in a battle to force the consultants to pay for parking but they are all refusing. He told me he was determined to get them to pay up and would go to court over it…. I told him “dream on!”

Pook

why do people blank out reg numbers like that above?

dawson

To hide their Reg. number…

Which is ironic seeing as though its on display 365 days of the year on their car where anybody could see it…. 😆

Cougar

Seems fairly sensible in a situation which (however unlikely) may yet be an unresolved legal dispute.

hugor
    Free Member

Obtained by my Mrs who’s a stafff nurse on nightshift, she’s already paid the fecker but should she have?

I have a massive collection of these from the University Hospital of Wales (I am staff). So have most of my work collegues. I haven’t paid any of them. Its a bit of a running joke amongst the staff really – nobody pays them.
    They keep sending letters from Debt Collection agencies (Roxburgh) with ever increasing penalties then they send solicitors letters (Graham White).
    They ring sometimes to remind me of the notice. I thank them for their concern and advise that I’ll pay asap.
    Haven’t had a call or letter in over 12 months.

Cougar

I thank them for their concern and advise that I’ll pay asap.

So you’ve told them on a recorded call that you acknowledge the debt and admitted liability? Best hope that they continue to fail to take you to court then, you’re screwed if they ever do.

Talking to these people on the phone, at all, is usually a very bad idea. Far too easy to get tripped up. I’d decline to speak to them and insist that they only deal with you via written communication in the future. Which you can then ignore, ofc. (-:

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

why do people blank out reg numbers like that above?

Cos they choose to. Next question.

Thanks for that Hugor. If she gets another (which is likely as she doesn’t like street parking at night in Leeds) it’ll be going in the bin.

restless
    Free Member

I got one today, from the Forestry commision car park at Cannock Chase. I forgot to pay the car park fee and there was a notice on my car when I returned for £50!

I would gladly pay the original car park fee, but I am not going to pay £50.

donsimon
    Free Member

I would gladly pay the original car park fee, but I am not going to pay £50.

Why not? It’s not like you didn’t know about the penatly, is it?

restless
    Free Member

I didn’t know about the penalty no.
    I am not paying £50 for a few hours car park.

swamp_boy

Don Simon +1.

And seeing as no one wants the nation’s woods back put into to commercial forestry, which might actually earn money, the FC have to make money as a government leisure facility provider. So its not some private corporation you’ve done out of £50 its those of us who pay taxes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Parking Charge Notice’ is closed to new replies.