Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Parenting Level 10 – completed
  • theotherjonv

I think I can officially retire from parenting now.

When they were young my wife used to have a lie in on Saturdays and i’d get up and make pancakes with the kids. Every time without fail we’d get the recipe out, and I’d ask why they only use one egg in French pancakes and get groans, that as they got older turned into abuse, and then swearing, and then threats of violence

Daughter is at University in a mixed flat in the HoR, and almost without exception the boys are chuffing useless at cooking. She on the other hand is good, so she’s helped them to understand the difference between omelettes and scrambled eggs, how to make their own oven chips, and so on.

One of the lads was making pancakes last night, and asked her the recipe…… you can guess the rest; she’s now recycling my old dad jokes and grudgingly admitting that it’s quite good.

(next step – I used to get them to give me a big build up ‘whhhhoooooaaaaaahhhh’ followed by a cheer if I managed to flip the pancake, or ‘useless tosser’ if i didn’t. The wife stopped that though, when she found out)

Kryton57

You know parenting goes up to 11… right?

weeksy

One of the lads was making pancakes last night, and asked her the recipe…… you can guess the rest; she’s now recycling my old dad jokes and grudgingly admitting that it’s quite good.

What have i missed ?

julians
    Free Member

What have i missed ?

How many eggs do you need to make a french pancake?

Just the one, because one egg is an oeuf.

Yak

One egg is an oeuf!…. muhahahahaha! I love it. Can’t beat dad jokes. Mega points for getting your daughter to re-use them.

damn..julians beat me to it.

hooli

Cant beat a good dad joke, the cheesier the better!

tomparkin

Once they’re out the house, you get to retire, right? I think that’s how it works.

RustyNissanPrairie

How many eggs do you need to make a french pancake?

Just the one, because one egg is an oeuf.

bensales
    Free Member

You know parenting goes up to 11… right?

I thought we had to keep them alive until they were 18?

tthew

There’s a lane/bike track near us that is known in our family as French eggs, because Mrs Tthew once hit a massive pothole in it an let out a resounding Oooeuf!

Harry_the_Spider

Going to use the egg gag at the weekend. Merci.

I’m at Parenting Level 6.2 where you find that your daughter has been cutting her own hair and stashing the trimmings in a bag under her bed, the logic being that if she put it in the bin she’d get caught. Also, she is too lazy to put it in the bin, especially whist she is sat on the bed and there is a bag close by.

mashr

Suddenly planning to make pancakes on Sunday just so I can use that joke. Unfortunately the 3 year old wakes up and chooses violence most days

Cougar

Suddenly planning to make pancakes on Sunday just so I can use that joke. Unfortunately the 3 year old wakes up and chooses violence most days

So you’re likely to get battered?

ampthill

A similar moment for me was meeting my daughters that mates.

Turns out her flat mates new all my best stories. You know driven to a police station in the back of landrover guarded by a man with an AK47 etc. we’ve all been there

I had no idea daughter had been listening. My stories generated not one flicker of interest. Turns out she knows them all off by heart and she thinks they are good enough to tell her mates

NJA

I am sorry but Parenting is like Candy Crush, there is always another level.

pistola
    Free Member

I believe my parenting is complete after I asked my youngest (17) an obvious question last week and his reply was “Does Stevie Wonder pi$$ on his shoes?”

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m at parenting level 200. We’ve kept twins alive for a whole year.

matt_outandabout

What is the Boss level then?

soundninjauk

Grandparenting without completely destroying relationships with your children?

matt_outandabout

Daughter is at University in a mixed flat in the HoR, and almost without exception the boys are chuffing useless at cooking.

Ahem.

I have three boys, two in Uni, who can all cook well. #exception

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

I’m at parenting level 200. We’ve kept twins alive for a whole year.

What level does that make me, my twins are nearly 5 and only half the horde.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.