Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pain in centre of palm travelling to centre of elbow.
  • Stevelol
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve noticed something weird in the past few months/couple of years.

Sometimes I’ll get a pain in the centre of my palm (where it contacts the grip), very minor in severity, more like a sharp milisecond only about 1/10 on the pain scale, which simultaneously is felt at the end of my elbow.

This could probably be ignored but I would like to prevent it from getting worse, so…

Does anyone know what this is and if there is a way to minimise it? I use some Race Face grips that are pretty standard in size/material, perhaps some softer grips? My hands are quite small (I take a small troy lee XC glove).

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor (“mature” med student). Do your own research etc etc but I would go and see someone who knows.

There are for example nerve lesion type things like this that might be worth exploring:

Cyclist ulnar nerve thingy

Stevelol
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, I’ve ordered some Ergon GA3 grips to see if it helps, my current grips are getting very thin anyway, might try some Specialized body geometry gloves too and adjust my cockpit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pain in centre of palm travelling to centre of elbow.’ is closed to new replies.