Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pads for RS505 calipers
  • submarined
    Free Member

Do I have any option other than OEM at £20/pair?

I’m peeved enough about having to replace them for my warrantied caliper (as well as buy a bloody bleed kit, due to the caliper doing what Shimano calipers seem to want to do whatever the application), but when I found the price I got proper grumpy.

Nobody like Uberbike seems to do aftermarket.

RichBowman

Tredz has the finned ones at £15.99 – Just seen Sigma Sports have them for £15 (wish I’d seen that a couple of days ago when I ordered my pair… especially as they’re just down the road from me).

I did see some un-finned ones when I was having a hunt. Possibly Clarkes ones?

Ah – Evans (if you want to risk it…) with unfinned for £9.99. Will probably go with that next time (which seems to be sooner than most other pads I’ve ever used…

Evans:

https://www.evanscycles.com/shimano-k02s-steel-backed-resin-disc-brake-pads-EV294350

All the best,

Rich

RichBowman

Wiggle do the K02S (unfinned resin) for £8.99 too – just seen…

Rich

CraigW
    Free Member

Discobrakes for £6.75, or 4 pairs for £20. https://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=0&c=14&p=1896

RichBowman

Cheers Craig – bookmarked those…

Rich

submarined
    Free Member

Excellent! Thanks very much all!

daern
    Free Member

I have RS805 on the gravel bike and tried out Shimano’s metal sintered, finned pads (L04C) which cost me £35 for two sets. Absolutely bloody terrible and the scream like mad in anything other than bone-dry conditions. I tried everything I could to make them not squeal, but in the end, went back to Shimano’s organic compound instead, which are absolutely fine. Expensive mistake, that.

On a completely unrelated note, I have two sets of L04C pads, nearly unusued that I’d be happy to sell… 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pads for RS505 calipers’ is closed to new replies.