Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Padded thong?!
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I think I truly have seen it all now – missing the point of where the padding should be, or maybe it appeals to the flapjackies of the world?

this link may contain butt cheeks

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can tell I find them really comfortable.

HTHs.

v8ninety

Always happy to click on a link that may contain butt cheeks (esp female, bonus); but what or who an Earth is a flapjackie? Urban dictionary did not help…

bikebouy
    Free Member

My tits are flat too, and hairy.

I didn’t need an urban dictionary to tell you that.

Those pants though… lovely.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Triathete thing possibly.

Simon
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Flapjack is a pancake in some parts of the USA. Guess its the equivelent of ‘eggs on nails’.

As for the original topic, no more bizarre than padded boxxers for cycling?

hodgynd
    Free Member

End of the camel toe too ..apparently ( for the yoga types )..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks for the link OP, I now realise I have been wearing mine back to front. My next ride is going to be so much more comfortable

GrahamS

I’ve never really believed that padded pants help with erection problems, but after careful examination of those photos…

theotherjonv

I was wondering if it was padded around the front section to create the cameltoe look. Is that a desirable look for anyone? Did I imagine reading about it (maybe it was Viz, thinking about it)

Flapjackie is/ was a legendary thread, particularly the deleted posts that make sense out of the thread. I’ll just leave this here

adjustablewench
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    As for the original topic, no more bizarre than padded boxxers for cycling?

Surely the usual purpose of padding it to protect your sitting bones . . . The thong doesn’t have that covered whereas boxers would

theotherjonv

i don’t think it is actually – may be a factor but it is was then short inserts / chammys would only be over the back part. I think it’s more to provide a smooth, seam free, chafe free area. Which these could conceivably do.

Whether an inch of lace between your arse cheeks creates a different issue of chafing is another matter – my wife thinks the thong / g-string is the devil’s work, I’ve never worn one.

vickypea
    Free Member

That doesn’t sound very hygienic to me! You’re supposed to take off padded shorts straight after a bike ride to get the air to your “nether regions” because all that sweat and heat generated by the activity will be in those pads. I wouldn’t want to leave padded thongs on either!

DezB
    Free Member

to get the air to your “nether regions” because all that sweat and heat generated by the activity will be in those pads

#strangest

#or maybe not so strangest

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You’re supposed to take off padded shorts straight after a bike ride to get the air to your “nether regions”

The mental image of your office after the morning commute just made me spit tea all over my keyboard.

emsz
    Free Member

thongs – urgh. Padded thongs – weird!

although I thought the pad was to protect your bits, not your bum? 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

to get the air to your “nether regions” because all that sweat and heat generated by the activity will be in those pads

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-ad-hilarity

PJM1974
    Free Member

You’re supposed to take off padded shorts straight after a bike ride to get the air to your “nether regions” because all that sweat and heat generated by the activity will be in those pads.

I can’t wait for the post bike ride coffee with Mrs PJM1974 this weekend, I’ve a feeling that it’s going to be memorable.

GrahamS

Surely the usual purpose of padding it to protect your sitting bones . . . The thong doesn’t have that covered whereas boxers would

Just had that exact conversation with my missus (who wears a lot of thongs).

She reckoned it looked great and the padding would help.

I said “but that’s not where your sit bones are..”, she said “That’s where mine are”

Women’s nether regions remain a mystery to me.

GrahamS

Loving the queef pants Captain.

scotroutes

It’s not for sit bones, it’s for the squashy bits.

perchypanther
    Free Member

No need for padding in that case.

She should try just one at a time.

GrahamS

It’s not for sit bones, it’s for the squashy bits.

So do you wear this for the squashy bits and then padded shorts/boxers over the top for the sit bones?

scotroutes

Padded shorts also cover the squashy bits so why would you need both?

maccruiskeen

Surely the usual purpose of padding it to protect your sitting bones

Silly girl in the picture is wearing them back to front. I’ve got a pair so I’ll take a selfy wearing them the right way round and post it up

avdave2

She should try just one at a time.

Maybe they like to play “pass the parcel” with the neighbours

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Presumably aimed at commuter/casual cyclists rather than those who’d wear actual lycra bibs. Same as padded boxers. If your saddle’s not rock hard and you’re not doing big miles you don’t really need sit bone padding.

Anyone’s (blokes) who’s ever tried to commute in jeans and boxers must have experienced the pain of their notcher being slowly sawn in two by the seams, must be even worse for ladybits!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Anyone’s (blokes) who’s ever tried to commute in jeans and boxers must have experienced the pain of their notcher being slowly sawn in two by the seams, must be even worse for ladybits!

This.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yes your squishy bits are covered but the thickest part of a chamois is over the sit bones, tbh the only time I’ve had a real issue with my squishy bits was on the BB200 2014 – but that was a particularly brutal event

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is this what the serious hill climb competition riders where then, instead of shorts, all in the name of minimising weight? 😉

vickypea
    Free Member

The mental image of your office after the morning commute just made me spit tea all over my keyboard.

Strangely enough I don’t stroll into the office with nowt on after riding into work 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

If you’re doing a time trial in an aero position then the front padding would be useful but for a commute you’re more likely to be sat more upright and need padding on your sit bones.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strangely enough I don’t stroll into the office with nowt on after riding into work

I do. Working from home has some perks. 😀

teasel
    Free Member

We need a vomiting emoji on this bloody forum…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😈

(I don’t really.)

chip
    Free Member

One of the labourers on a building site I worked on was bent over doing something when my boss drew my attention to his builders bum. Where it was clear to all that he was wearing a leopard print thong.

From that day on he was known as and referred to as Tarzan, don’t know if it was padded though.

I thought a padded thong would be for a man of limited frontage in the pants department much the same as a woman may wear a padded bra.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

You’re right Chip –
    quick Google for padded man thong

(Expect my targeting advertising will go very weird for a while)

CountZero

We need a vomiting emoji on this bloody forum…

Your wish, etc…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Padded thong?!’ is closed to new replies.