Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pace RC31's – Is the Ti version that much better than the carbon
  • Alek
    Free Member

Currently looking into a carbon rigid fork for my Soda. I'm a lightweight rider sub 64kgs and the Pace RC31 seemed the ideal choice.

Is the Ti version (if I could find one) worth spending the extra on?

I will be using it for winter/puffer and hopefully a lot more.

If I like the simplicity I may not go back to suspension (although did hear a number of wrist complains from fully rigid at Keilder just past!)

druidh
    Free Member

The Ti version is Titanium AND Carbon. The Titanium is used in place of aluminium alloy in a couple of parts.

druidh
    Free Member

* oops*

trout
    Free Member

not that I am biased ( busted frame and all that )

but check out the warranty on pace stuff it was only 2 years when my frame went this year but may have changed .

Alek
    Free Member

Mmmmm…….is it heavier then?

Would that also give the fork a different (better) feel on the trails. Can't seem to find much on the web and the PACE web site does not even mention it (albeit a fork no longer in production)

Any reason why DT Swiss did not go down the rigid route?

EDIT: Trout, I'll be buying second-hand, probably on Classifieds TBH.

druidh
    Free Member

Heavier than what? The Ti version (C Type) are lighter than the ally version.

DT Swiss have just released their own version – the "all carbon" XRR470

simonbowns
    Free Member

Dt have, I think?

trail_rat
    Free Member

how long steerer you need ? i have some RC31 i might part with

i like the look of them there dtswiss actually – cant afford them i dont think though ….

shame niner dont make 440mm forks ….

and when you gonna get real wheels alek 😉

Alek
    Free Member

Terry – I'll have to wait till next year for some real wheels and I'm a little gutted to be honest. My plan was a 16inch Scandal 29er frame/29er Carbon rigid fork and some real wheels – got everything else.

But I don't have +500 bucks 🙁 so decided to get some second hand RC31's and winterise the Soda. Rigid fork/9×1/phat tyres……….

195mm steerer BTW.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mines too short

brant
    Free Member

The Ti version is Titanium AND Carbon. The Titanium is used in place of aluminium alloy in a couple of parts.

The titanium is used in place of CHROMOLY STEEL in the tubular spigots (good word) that are fixed into the crown that the carbon legs bond on to.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Dt have done a rigid fork. I saw them at my Lbs the other day, Very nice, very very shiny! Didnt see the price though.

Alek
    Free Member

Thanks for checkin T_R.

The spigots won't be that long though?

Those DT Swiss do look impressive. Bet they have a hefty price tag too?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

If you're on a budget, I bought a set of these.. haven't fitted them yet, but they look pretty good, very light (sub 600g), and at around £45 odd quid, an absolute bargain.

Alek
    Free Member

They look good…………I'll stay with the carbon option first, then go down the Alu route. Would be intersted to know how they handle singletrack trails.

White Bros any good (going back to carbon for a minute)

Cheers

Alek

druidh
    Free Member

White Bros are the same as the Exotic and Superstar forks.

Candodavid
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    White Bros are the same as the Exotic and Superstar forks

Graphics are nicer though 😆

epicyclo

Any reason for not looking at the On-One carbon? Reasonably light and doesn't wander or flutter.

epicyclo

brant – Member
    The titanium is used in place of CHROMOLY STEEL in the tubular spigots (good word) that are fixed into the crown that the carbon legs bond on to.

Is the spigot into the fork leg or into the crown? And does On-One use this?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC31's – Is the Ti version that much better than the carbon’ is closed to new replies.