• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pace RC305 Headset?
  • baileyswalk
    Free Member

I’ve got this frame in transit, was hoping to get the headset in the meantime but not sure on which bottom cup to get…

Nukeproof have 44mm cups that reduce to 1 1/8 which is what I’m after but they have shallow and non-shallow versions, see B2 & B3 in this chart.

I’m thinking that the non-shallow ones are probably more secure and potentially put less stress on the frame (which might be a good thing if what I’ve read RE these frames is true) but is there room in the head tube for the 14.8mm collar vs the 8.3mm collar?

In contrast, the hope pick n mix doesn’t add this confusion with their comparative offering having what looks to be a 9.5mm collar…

So maybe it makes sod all difference and I should just get the shallow one – or pay double for the hope bling!

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with the head tubes on those bikes, it’s the seat tubes that explode if that’s what you mean. I ran the Hope option on might with a straight steerer fork and never had any issues.

StuE
    Free Member

Give Pace a call,always been very helpful why I have had any Pace related queries
    https://pacecycles.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC305 Headset?’ is closed to new replies.