Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Overflowing portaloos and babywipe showers yes or no
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Should I go to Glastonbury again? 50th year next year, tickets out soon.

Last went 2011 when I was 30. Would like to teleport in and out again and avoid the purple dots 😬  A few mates are going, an old friend’s 40th. Have been 6 times between 2000-2011 Should I just leave the good (hazy) memories alone?

hols2
    Free Member

I read that as “Overflowing pantaloons…” and was confused.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Last went in 2000, I was 23 and was gloriously over-refreshed for most of it.

Every year I wonder out loud if I fancy it again, my heart say it would be fun, but my head says sleeping on a camp bed would give me a bad back. I don’t like warm beer in plastic cups, any sort of naughty stuff would probably give me a heart attack.

I think I’m better off sat on my Sofa watching it on TV. It’s terrible.

Bunnyhop

Baby wipes (in fact any wipes for that matter) are really bad for the environment.

Just watch it on the telly ;O)

shadowrider
    Free Member

I went quite a few times before I had kids. I went back this year with an 8 and 5 year old, and I loved It. Totally different experience with kids but I’m definitely trying to get tickets again for next year. The toilet situation was far better than when I had been previously, not as many portaloos but more of the composting toilets. Still smelt really really bad though.

SaxonRider

A number of days in close quarters with other people, walking through muck, and unable to escape music you haven’t necessarily chosen played really loudly in the worst possible acoustic environment?

I would keep my feelings to myself, but since you asked: wouldn’t you rather pull out your own finger nails or something else less awful-sounding than attending Glastonbury?

DezB
    Free Member

A number of days in close quarters with 200,000 people

!
    Sounds like the ultimate joy.

136stu
    Free Member

I’m with SaxonRider, highlights (and they’re few and far between these days) on telly for me.

matt_outandabout

I thought this was going to be about the Naughty Northumbrian.

wallop

I spent way too long thinking it was the OP’s 50th birthday next year so how the hell could he have been 30 in 2011?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Overflowing portaloos and babywipe showers yes or no’ is closed to new replies.