Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Over the bars palm skid. Oooooof.
  • onandon
    Free Member
    P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s the fear of mechanicals like that, that make me take that little comfort brake I don’t really need when it all starts going warp speed.

kayak23

Ouch.
    His hands must have done a soothing tsssssssst when he reached the grass.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

His hands must have done a soothing tsssssssst when he reached the grass.

Looking at his luck he probably slid straight through a fresh dog egg.

Cougar

Given the speeds involved, is there any particular reason why they don’t wear gloves?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Haha CFH my thoughts precisely!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Given the speeds involved, is there any particular reason why they don’t wear gloves?

#AeroIsEverything

jonnyboi

Pfft, carbon. Steel wouldn’t have done that

jonnyboi

Looking at his luck he probably slid straight through a fresh dog egg.

Fair do, I actually lol’d at that

njee20
    Free Member

I never wear gloves on the road except in the depths of winter, just prefer riding without. I don’t dress to crash, stupidly or not!

Cougar

stupidly or not!

It’s the former. HTH.

#JudgementalTrackWorld

CountZero

When I used to ride, I would never ride without gloves, for exactly that reason, and those gloves have not only saved my palms and fingertips, but the Oakley ones with carbon knuckle protection saved my knuckles a couple of times from being smashed by car door mirrors, when slow-moving cars passing close to me have stopped suddenly with the car overlapping the cycle lane and my hand has smashed the mirror back against the car.
    I’d ride without a lid, never without gloves.

singletrackmind

When I was 13 – 14 me and a mate used to do a huge sunday paper round. It took 2 of us to carry and deliver the papers and over an hour to deliver them all. One day on the way home , paddaling down a hill at about 25mph a dog ran ot and my mate caught it square on .
    He flew a fairway then landed on his arse in a huge pile of horse shit.
    This lubricted the ensueing slide and considering the impact and journey along the tarmac he got away with just a small abount of road rash on his hands and hips.
    Dog was never seen again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Over the bars palm skid. Oooooof.’ is closed to new replies.