Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Over shoes that actually fit over UK 12.5/13 shoes?
  • longdog
    Free Member

Big feet have been the bain of my life and trying to get over-shoes that fit over size UK 12.5/13 shoes seems like an impossible task! I’ve bought two pairs that allegedly fit, but they actually don’t, not over my 5.10 kestrels size 12.5

Another Big Foots out there that can recommend an overshoe that fits? I can wear waterproof socks, but a neoprene waterproof overshoe is better and warmer all round this time of the year.

montgomery
    Free Member

I just got a set of XXL gripgrab gaiters that comfortably fit over my size 14 boots

longdog
    Free Member

…Goes to reply, grrr…has to login again, logs in, goes back to forum, goes back to thread, now I can reply. Every time…

Ok, cheers not seen them before, gripgrab overshoes (the gaiters are not what I’m after). Probably as I’m always looking at the much cheaper end of the list 😂 but they’ll be great , thanks for the recommendation 👍

chevychase

Just accept that your feet are going to get wet. Wear merino walking socks (I swear by bridgedale) – I plough happily through sheep dips in sub zero temperatures and I’m warm. Soaking wet, yep. But warm.

Tried overshoes and waterproof socks. Bloody awful (and colder) experience.

irc

Also looking. Size 13. Previous winter commuting worked with neoprene overshoes. Warm when it was cold. Along with mudguards kept feet dry for a 45m to 1 hour commute.

Would prefer cheap and cheerful but if I need to pay to get a pair that don’t need stretching and cursing to put on then I need to pay.

Update. Just ordered these from Merlin. Fits the cheap. £13. Wait and see how cheerful. But as they are offered in 5 sizes there is hope at least.

https://www.merlincycles.com/northwave-active-scuba-shoecover-fw21-238709.html

Will update when I get them

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers IRC update would be useful when you get them. XXL showing as out of stock there.

Yeh I have merino socks of various weights, plus I have seal skinz, but I prefer neoprene overshoes as they keep things more dry, cosy, and the wind off, especially when out 3-4 hours like today. Also saves having sodden shoes to dry. Anyway, each to their own.

Rustychain
    Free Member

Similar shoe size. Successfully use the following:

XXL Shimano for road

XXL Endura MT500 for MTB

euain

XXL Endura MT500s work fine over size 50 Shimano SPD shoes. Seen me through many a Strathpuffer with warm feet.

defblade
    Free Member

I’ve been using Oxford Rainseal overboots, on flats, for commuting. Pretty quick to put on and make sure the waterproof trousers go over the top so water runs over not into. Fit over my size 12 Dr Martens ok. They felt/feel a bit klumphy when I first put them on, but i just forget they’re there once riding. I think you’d have trouble converting them to SPD though, they’d move around too much for an exact hole to work.

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers guys, thanks for the suggestions 👍

mrlebowski
    Free Member

If you can afford a proper pair of winter shoes they are the best option IMHO. I’ve tried socks & overshoes, by far the best warmest & driest choice has been winter shoes.

irc

@longdog

Unfortunately I got an email from Merlin today saying the overshoes were out of stock. No restock date. They are refunding.

On a slightly related one. XXL gloves. Don’t buy the gloves from Tesco with a breathable liner. Crap. Every time you take your hand out the liner comes with it.

I got a couple of pairs of fleece gloves with a grip palm from Sports Direct. £6 each sorted.

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers IRC. They were listed as out of stock when I looked, I just assumed you’d got the last ones 😂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.