• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by K.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oval shaped head helmets?
  • K

My Giro chronicle (I think) MIPS is due a replacement due to age. No other Giro helmets seem to fit as they are too round. It is also terrible for dumping sweat down my face/glasses, I’m not too convinced by wanting a MIPS system as it seems to be a act like a sweat reservoir…

So, any recommendations for 59cm oval shaped head?

I’ve also got a large bell stratus MIPS that is maybe a bit wide but is reasonably comfortable.

I’m looking for something with good adjustable peak, not too low on the ears and good coverage on the back of the bonce.

Specialized seems to get recommended for oval heads, but I’m not sure I like the look of any?

binman

Specialized Ambush works for me.

v7fmp

Sounds like I have a similar shaped head. I replaced my montaro with a POC tectral race spin (which has POC’s own version of mips).

Really pleased with it, fits well and is comfy.

Although I found the giro dealt with sweat way better than the POC.

igm

Specialized as said, and at one time Fox – though I haven’t tried a Fox for years.

K

Sounds like I might have to try the Ambush.

Raymond

Smith are also quite oval shaped, the Session fitted my head pretty well.

Sandwich

Lazer helmets work for the oval of bonce. You may fit a Large one with MIPS (I didn’t as the extra cradle made it too tight for my 61cm head). Troy Lee also fit my over-sized odd-shaped head well too.

continuity
    Free Member

What you’re asking here is to not be in a large helmet and look like a mong because its massive on your head.

The largest oval mediums I’ve found are smith, tho the non MIPS (takes up volume) specialized helmets can fit but tighter. Ignore kask, giro, poc, bontrager – you’ll end up needing a large.

K

I picked up a Medium Smith Convoy and right at the limit of size but fits well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oval shaped head helmets?’ is closed to new replies.