Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Outer hip pain
  • dyls

Anyone had issues with outer hip pain and what it was? Had it for about a month now. No inner/groin pain though.

The pain isn’t there all the time neither!

Vader
    Free Member

I had hip pain when my periformis was really tight, pretty common it seems. Its a large muscle across the buttock, joins spine to hip basically. It also can cause leg and knee pain. Mine was a comes and goes pain, sometimes really bad, sometimes nothing.

There are loads of good stretching exercises on you tube, they fixed mine in a few days

Also check out stretches for the psoas muscle, it’s on the front, either sides of your lower abdomen. Also causes leg and hip pain when tight – which it probably will be!

dyls

thanks, I’ll look them up on youtube.

ivantate
    Free Member

Bursitis?

I find using a roller on my IT band the only way to help it.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I get it after a lot of climbing on rides after getting knocked of my bike a few years ago and damaging my shoulder after an 10 week break from cycling I found my hip really bad, I spoke to the doctor about it and he said it was just building back up to my regular cycling routine, as above stretches will help

bonesetter
    Free Member

Could be lower back restriction causing tugging on the gluteal attachments

Pretty much impossible to diagnose here

Go and see an osteopath would be my advice 🙂

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Saddle height potentially. I have to have mine ever so slightly lower than what (I interpret) people to say is the ideal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Outer hip pain’ is closed to new replies.