Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Out of shape Nobby Nic
  • jimplops

Anyone ever had a nobby nic where the tread is rolling out of true, wheel was slightly out of true, had that sorted but the tyre still runs out of true, it’s fully seated all round, if I put more pressure in it’s obviously worse.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Not NN’s but I’ve had a new hans dampf that was.

jimplops

That’s good, not, but at least I know I’m not imagining it then. Should’ve been on the ball more and been bothered to sort the wheel sooner and sent the tyre back.

PJay
    Free Member

It some of the threads in the tyre snap you can get all sorts of kinks and bulges. I had a real issue with a batch of Intense tyres I had some years ago.

jimplops

Would have thought an apex walled nn would be tougher, but hey.

angeldust
    Free Member

I’ve had this before, specifically on NN’s, which you purchased cheaply from CRC. These were on 26 inch wheels, so must have been years ago. IIRC CRC refunded me. No chance of that sort of service from them these days. I’m not convinced I could actually tell any difference when riding them.

None of the Schwalbes I’ve used since have suffered from this.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Had a maxis DHF that did that. It had been off the rim for some time. Put it back on the front and it just ran wonky was fine but did my head in so it got scapped.

jimplops

Its interesting about the crc connection, I was after 2.8s, a trailstar and a pacestar, the wonky one is the pacestar and that came from crc, as nextday didn’t have both, and it looked like it had been out of the box when it arrived.

dove1

I have this problem with a NN Evo Pacestar on the rear wheel of my bike.

Noticed it last week and thought the wheel was buckled. Took the wheel to my LBS who asked why I wanted a perfectly straight wheel trued!

Put the tyre back on and once again it looks like I have a buckle if I spin the wheel. Tyre properly seated on both sides of the rim.

BFITH
    Free Member

I had a Magic Mary (from CRC) last summer with a very noticeable bulge on one sidewall. Sent back to CRC and got a replacement.

retro83
    Free Member

I had a buckle on a NN Evo and it failed spectacularly with a noise like a shotgun going off. Also covered the inside of my shed with jizz.

jimplops

Seems like schwalbe has let slip a few qc failures.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Out of shape Nobby Nic’ is closed to new replies.