Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Our Future Health
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Anybody else been asked to sign up for this? Just about to sign the consent form but thought I’d ask around first.

TiRed

No, but I know the ceo. It’s an ambitious project which will yield important results. The thing about health data is you need a lot of it to find linkages. If I am asked I’d happily sign up.

Simon

Signed up, filled in the questionnaire and made an appointment for Tuesday this week.
    Did my blood pressure, colesterol, height, weight and waist. Tried to get a blood sample out of both arms but failed.

fasthaggis

After being part of the Zoe (Covid) project I would.

woody2000

Yep, appointment tomorrow 👍

grahamt1980

It looks interesting and I’m relieved to see they are basing it on the trusted research environment framework, unlike that shite they proposed with the gp data.
    I’m interested to read what their intentions are when future markers are identified.
    Has anyone got a link to the informed consent form, i can’t find a link on their website

reeksy

Tried to get a blood sample out of both arms but failed.

Stone me

reeksy

I’m interested to read what their intentions are when future markers are identified.

Same here.

I’ve been helping to recruit for a study that relates to informing people about disease risk. Without going into detail the intention is to test whether people would prefer to be informed about a potential risk factor.

In this situation they routinely do it in USA, but there’s some controversy around raising anxiety about a risk factor that isn’t 100% understood.

woody2000

That was all very straightforward.  Bigger issue though is that I’m overweight, my BP is high and cholesterol is baaaad.  Woops. Working at home is not doing me any favours!

Simon

Similar here Woody🙄 I don’t work from home though.

Garry_Lager

I did it this week – phlebotomist said you didn’t need an invitation for it, anyone interested can just contact them and enrol.

prettygreenparrot

Goodness, I haven’t heard about this project for a long time.

Anyone know how its strategy fits with that of UK Biobank which IMO has been a huge success?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.