Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ortlieb H’bar bag and cables
  • jimmy

I’m eyeing up an Ortlieb handlebar bag  and am wondering how nice it plays with cables -this would be on MTB flat bars rather than drops. Any experience here?

I’m hoping the attachment fixings allow it to drop below the cables. If not, is the alternative a harness bag?

Ta

qwerty
    Free Member

The quick release fixing bracket used holds the bag forward of the handlebar by appox. 7cm so cables shouldn’t be an issue. I found that the bracket really wants to be fitted and left in situ as its a cable clamped by a bolt to hold it tight, if you keep taking it on & off the cable may deteriorate. Great bags & system, the new ones require that you buy the bracket separately. https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/ are good for a bargain. The Achilles heel of the Ortileb handle bar bag is fitting a front light, I use a be seen light on my fork leg with a stub, but in winter i’d need to use a seeing light on the handlebar which the bag doesn’t allow for, Ortileb make an bracket for this but it wobbles a lot with road vibration causing juddering of the light beam and I get glare off the bag top which kills my night vision.

I have an Ortileb handle bar bag, i was eyeing up a https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/189-Handlebar-Bags/1301-BARLOADER which looks great but i think it would have interfered with my MTB style brake cables.

damascus
    Free Member

@querty

the new ones require that you buy the bracket separately.

Hi, do you have a link to the extra bit that you need to go with this?

I have a custom bar bag set up that only works on flat bars. I’ve been eying one of these for a while for the road bike. Very tempted, but knowing tredz it’s probably out of stock.

Thanks

damascus
    Free Member
    nowad
    Free Member

Salsa anything cradle. Expensive but the best front carrier on the market in my opinion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ortlieb H’bar bag and cables’ is closed to new replies.