Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Orbital
  • Kit
    Free Member

Also saw them in Edinburgh a few weeks back – never heard such a massive cheer at the end of a gig!

tang
    Free Member

I also saw them at Glastonbury 94 on acid. Saw them again in London NYE at ali Pali in 96 on nothing at all, coffee perhaps. What a crap night.
    Gong/system7/primal scream night at 93 was the one for me.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

They made the sky turn pink! Great gig, but the sound systems never loud enough at Glastonbury!!

stanfree
    Free Member

Cant seem to master posting Videos these days .

I think the above is worth a watch , shows they aren’t just press play merchants. Good to see that even in a empty studio the boys are digging the music.
    Without sounding like a bore , Im sure the reason that as an old gadgie I can feel the same watching Orbital , The Roses and decent DJ’s and feel Euphoric like I did E’d up all those years ago has to be the Nostalga boosting my serotonin level. 🙂

Or could be my melons being firmly twisted.

athgray
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhVU8RKRaTY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
    I remember seeing them in Edinburgh over 10 years ago. Amazing live.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Interesting that someone above mentions ?-Ziq, as it was chatting to Mike Paradinas that got me into Orbital’s dressing room.

I know that witnessing the birth of your first child is meant to be the zenith of good experiences, and the most euphoric you’ll ever feel, but I have to, perhaps shamefully, admit that the happiest I’ve ever felt, in all my 35 years, was during an immense rush whilst watching Orbital at The Point in Dublin in 2000. Sweet Jebus, that was good. It wasn’t even one of the classics, but it very nearly took my head clean off.

Admittedly, I now have to take a prescribed serotonin-balancing tablet every day, for most likely the rest of my life, but for that experience alone it’s probably worth it.

aP
    Free Member

Having bought tapes of theirs in 99/00 and seen them 5 or 6 times through to 95 I have to say that although the light shows were great music has moved on. I was a pretty early adopter and fan before the masses picked up on them but now other stuff does it for me. I can’t imagine going to see them now.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Orbital Live Heineken Festival Poland.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc__ZaZopsE[/video]

JCL
    Free Member

Having bought tapes of theirs in 99/00 and seen them 5 or 6 times through to 95 I have to say that although the light shows were great music has moved on. I was a pretty early adopter and fan before the masses picked up on them but now other stuff does it for me. I can’t imagine going to see them now.

Yep same for me too. It’s just nostalgia that people go to see them for these days. Sure the early albums still stand up but they should have thrown in the towel years ago. All the reforming crap is just a hype generator.

It’s the same with the Spice Girls.

bullheart
    Free Member

Another for Glastonbury in 94. As someone who has never partaken in drugs, I can understand as to why one might do. But the music, the lasers, the sky, the crowd…

noteeth
    Free Member

Also saw them at Glastonbury in 1994. Awesome.

I was down the front.

Glasto ’94: everybody else in my year finished their A-Levels on the friday… some of us had a Geology practical exam on the following monday. 😕

Freester

Seen them a couple of times at Glasto and this week at Bournemouth. I can honestly say the set they played on Weds night was the best.

Or maybe it was the small intimate venue. Just awesome.

Orbital by Freester, on Flickr

Freester

Yep same for me too. It’s just nostalgia that people go to see them for these days. Sure the early albums still stand up but they should have thrown in the towel years ago. All the reforming crap is just a hype generator.

Ya know. Before I went to the gig on Weds I felt the same. But they’ve refreshed the set and the music. The new album has a more drum and bass feel to it (to appeal to the youngsters no doubt) but even the old classic / favourite tunes have been refreshed for the live set.

Definitely worth a revisit live if you get chance. Especially in a small venue where it is a wall of sound and an awesome lightshow.

sbob
    Free Member

Saw them for the first time at Secret Garden Party this year.
    It was awful.
    People leaving in droves.

tangent
    Free Member

was there @ Glasto in ’94 post A-Lvl exams / pre Geology Practical exam (the festival was perfect revisions for this; i.d. animal / mineral / vegetable specimens)… However do not recall the sounds system cutting out, but was quite entranced by a nearby mega-strobe coming from a market stall that was kida out doing the light show on on the NME stage.
    That Orbital were playing again live was news to me…am sure also I went to there last ever gig! Groovy thread. Cheers, J

sparkyrhino

never the biggest fan,but 1 track i think its called the box(the russian sounding 1).is always a pre curser to an acid flashback.followed by hurry on sundown(hawkwind),and lots of flying teapots,and electric french cheese. 😀

yodagoat
    Free Member

sbob. Hard lines. I genuinely feel sorry for you. I’m still buzzing off that Edinburgh gig now. It was F U C K I N G incredible.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Orbital’ is closed to new replies.