Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orbea Alma
  • spawnofyorkshire

Thinking of getting an XC 29er HT through cycle2work scheme and looking at the Orbea Alma H30 @ Tredz
    Anyone have one or one of the higher spec models (same geo)?
    It ticks a lot of boxes, I have a more burly FS for playing about on, but after something for fast off road miles
    I’m also tempted to put a 100mm dropper on (27.2 seatpost) if anyone has done that on one of these or a similar bike?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Also interested in the H30 for exactly the same reasons, the local has an M50 in which is same geometry, hoping to take it for a spin before I commit. PF92 is a concern but I can probably live with it, liking the SLX 12 drive train over the usual Eagle or Deore 2×10 offerings.

What colour are you looking at? I like the blue and grey ones but the Spirit (thinking of upgrades) is only available in the mint or black and the frames are colours/mixed finishes not available on the configurator.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m probably veering towards black as some of the bits I have already will match better when I put them on.
    The Orbea grabs me more than the similar Scott or Cannondale, better spec and similar geometry. My only concern is the seatpost and dropper potential. I know the world cup xc racers use the carbon version of the frame with a dropper so I just need to find the right one.
    Will be interested to hear your views if you get the test ride

squirrelking
    Free Member

Check the tech doc, I think cable routing is covered. Will report back on findings!

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Worth checking with Epic cycles for a price on these. They charge a surcharge for taking Cyclescheme but still work out marginally better with their discounts.

spawnofyorkshire

Thanks for the heads up. Epic have offered a really good deal on the H20, think I’ll be going that route

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Alma’ is closed to new replies.